Skyrim, Kinect Compatible? Pointless Advertising?

I don't know if anyone has seen the ad for Skyrim on the dashboard recently, it says: THE ELDER SCROLLS V: SKYRIM See the trailer, Harness Kinect Power! ... So... What's the Kinect thing for? I own the game; and it had no Kinect mode...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Kinect functionality will be added in an update from what I read..

Only in the form of speech (like dragon shouts). Just like ME3, don't see why they couldn't do this on microphones...

I saw the Kinect vid. Some commands like taking the time to say "Open" or "Loot" when one can just tap the button seems pointless. But quick-swapping equipment and jump-to locations on the map and menu would be very useful.--One would say a person like me could reduce one's playtime by a few hours with these features alone.--With over 150 hours on a single character, I've spent a lot of time cycling through the map and menu.

couple post above me. Becoues they want it for the KINECT.  KINECT thing I was surpriessed they didn't did it in the frist place. But KINECT should been a choese for VICES controlled access. And also haved it for the MIC. have it for both.

It'll proba be for the hack an slah side of things, throwing power by hand movements, just simple things in terms of kinect, can't see you being able to get your character to run, possibly jump, I'm still not completely in awe with Kinect, I still prefer using a controller.

@BlackSilverAce and DarkPlayer2 - It's because they'd have to program voice commands to work with the xbox headset, Kinect has it built in. It's not just a switch you can turn on and it automatically works with every game.

[quote user="UnyoBro"]

@BlackSilverAce and DarkPlayer2 - It's because they'd have to program voice commands to work with the xbox headset, Kinect has it built in. It's not just a switch you can turn on and it automatically works with every game.

[/quote]

I didn't know the kinect add-on had its own processors...

Even still, voice commands aren't new to headsets. Most currently, Binary Domain handles them passably with any headset; Socom on the PS2 had them if I remeber correctly.

In any case, nifty add on for people who already have Kinect; its a shame that the best thing going for kinect is as a $150 microphone...

It is a new trailer showcasing Kinect functionality in Skyrim on Xbox 360 that will be added in a free update, so you can shout the Dragonshouts and bring up menu and order followers through Kinect. You can click the advert to watch the video and see it all in action. It looks great.

@Black- I didn't say it was a new thing. Those games you listed had it because it was programmed into it. Skyrim has been out a while and it didn't get programmed into it from the start. It would've taken more time and money to start that from scratch rather than just enable it for Kinect. Granted MS probably asked them to do this for marketing but the decision still makes sense. If they didn't do it for Kinect they'd probably never do it, not like there's a demand to yell out the dragon shouts anyways right?

[quote user="UnyoBro"]If they didn't do it for Kinect they'd probably never do it, not like there's a demand to yell out the dragon shouts anyways right?[/quote]When I saw the Ad I was kinda thinking, learning Dragon Shouts would be a whole new thing. It's not like just your Character reads them on a Wall but the Player needs to learn them now. Kinda neat but still kinda an expensive Voice Command.