Skyrim Keeps Freezing!

I know there are plenty of posts about this, but none have helped me with my problem. 

I'd been having problems with Skyrim freezing while playing on my brother's Xbox, so I bought my own copy of the game and transferred all my save games to my Xbox. I had absolutely no problems with the game freezing on my consul until today. I've installed the game, cleared the game cache, deleted old saves, and STILL it insists on freezing every two to five minutes. I'm at my wits end because this is a brand new disk (maybe a week old) and is not scratched or dirty or any such thing and no solutions seem to be working. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Does the game consistently freeze around the same area in the game?

Does it freeze every two to five minutes on a new game save?

Did it freeze before the game was installed to the HDD?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

It froze both before and after I installed it.

I've been working on the Dawnguard quest, which I've read is really buggy. At first it was every two to five minutes, then it was every time I got attacked by two or more mobs.

I tried all the fixes I could find: installing the game on the HDD, deleting/reinstalling the DLC, deleting past saves, and clearing the cache. I managed to work my way into Auriel's chapel and talked to Arch-Curate Vyrthur. After he spoke to me & his guys started attacking, it froze again, so I did all the fixes again and slowly worked my way through the attacking chaurus and falmer, saving every chance I got. Once the Frost Atronach attacked, though, it froze AGAIN.

Now I'm stuck with that Atronach. Can't open the game for two seconds before it freezes and now I feel like I'm SOL because all my past games were deleted in my attempt to fix everything.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.