Skyrim HDD install size leaked, you wouldn't have guessed this...

3,8 GB, that's right, the biggest rpg of the year is small enough to fit on a single dvd twice :) http://www.gamezone.com/news/skyrim-xbox-360-install-size-revealed This does exclude horse armor btw

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Nevermind, overlooked an earlier post. :/

In that earlier post there is also confirmation that size was a mistake. The install is over 6gb

[quote user="Sword StyIe"]

In that earlier post there is also confirmation that size was a mistake. The install is over 6gb

[/quote]

Someone else posted a link in the other thread that showed it installed on a 360. It was 3.8. I have read that in 2 different places as well. It shouldn't really matter, but I am a little worried.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Yeah i heard they just said it's turning out to be over 6gb.. :O

From what I've read, the 6 GB install is the PC version, the higher res textures take up more space.  According to Todd Howard from Bethesda we shouldn't be worried, it's just better compression techniques. Still if the 3,8 is correct that's really tiny. Ah well it's an Elder Scrolls game. I'll give them the benifit of the doubt, eventhough 12 GB across 2 discs would have been more reassuring ;)

Don't worry this game is going to rock, also don't forget that one of the last major updates increased the amount information that can stored on the DVD.

They have 8gb to work with. I actually feel robbed of content that I know they will probably sell fairly soon after release that I know could have fitted easily onto the disc.

It wasn't leaked.... Plus original post was on forums.xbox.com/.../118503.aspx

@Unreal this game will not be going for cheap anytime soon.

[quote user="H2O Acidic"]

@Unreal this game will not be going for cheap anytime soon.

[/quote]

Meaning what exactly?