Skyrim getting boring?

I don't know if it's just me but for some reason I am now bored of this game. Everything is just so simple now. My weapons can kill enemies in about one hit (I can kill a dragon in about 8 hits). I am at the point where I am begging to meet an Ancient Dragon for crying out loud. My armor gives me over 200 points of protection so I never worry about dying. And I am just so rich, that I am just buying everything I want. And if I buy something super expensive, I always find some crazy loot and sell that and I am rich again. When I first started the game I ran all around the map discovering locations. Then after I explored enough of the holds, I did some side quest. And after I completed a majority of the side quest I went to the Main questline and stopped at about the mid-point of it. So I am back to side quest and most of them are just helping Daedric Princes bother people. Not to mention that a quarter of the side quest I have activated are bugged and I cannot complete. I have plenty of Misc. Objectives, but most of them are just simple things like find a book for this guy, or beat up this one jerk. I am only a level 36 to and I am already feeling like an almighty god like in Fallout 3. I have been playing this game for a long while now. I think I may have drained myself out on this game. What exactly should I do to keep me occupied and have some fun?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

maybe play a diff. game for a bit, up the difficulty(unless your at the highest setting), other than that im pretty novice in the game so far so i have polenty to do... heck maybe start a new character.

Yeah I will probably raise the difficulty. I have kept it on Adept just to keep a nice normal average tone in the game. But I guess Gods like me need a challenge.

with heavy armour my lvl 36 warrior has like 400+ defense, had to up the difficulty as well, although thats the nature of the warrior class, try a mage out, robes have 0 protection, there are spells/perks like mage armour that helps but will never match armour, i don't think, especially not upgraded with 100 smithing. playing a mage/thief is a different game. try to play a thief and sneak around everywhere and try to beat dungeons without being detected, using bow/daggers. warriors will always get boring when you just run in and destroy everything.  

Very odd that your armor is only over 200 yet you don't seem to be endangered by anything... It took me getting it up to around 400+ to finally be able to say almost nothing in the game hurts me. (Besides those damn Ancient Dragons and a few other enemies... How it doesn't almost wipe out all of your health is beyond me with a single blast of its shout, especially with that low of an armor rating)

-

It's quite obvious what perks/skills are insanely overpowered when used together so. Don't use those. And that includes Conjuration (Not Necromancy though, just the Conjured Elementals/Dremora Lord), Smithing, Enchanting for starters.

-

What I plan on doing to increase the difficulty myself for my next playthrough is to NEVER have a follower besides quest related ones, no looting enemies (Just chests), to avoid Smithing I'll never make anything and only purchase items, no potions EVER, only eat food to replenish stuff, etc. I'll keep it relatively simple so I don't forget them, but  it shouldn't be that hard. I also may only use items I get from enemies (Like use use, not just pick up to sell) and from other loot so I'm not able to get a god-tier weapon from a shop.

-

Basically with games like this you have to rely on mods (for the PC, we don't get those) or implementing your own rules. It's how I had to play Fallout 3/New Vegas so.

-

I'd say bump up the difficulty as it makes the enemies damage output much higher (I'm very skeptical about only 200 armor and nothing hurting you) and implementing your own specific rule set.

-

It sucks, but games these days are just all catered towards the casual player with no challenge for anyone who's even halfway decent at a videogame. I'm going to finish out my current character with the main quest and get all of those insanely overpowered items and mess around with that save, but my next one will be MUCH more difficult.

-

Or I may just repurchase the game for PC after some decent mods come out... They really can make the game 10 times better for the more "hardcore" type of players and make the game run much better as well.

-

It all depends on if I decide to pick up a new PC when I get my Income Taxes!

IM PLAYING AS A MAGE AND ITS A CHALLENGE AT TIME.............TRY A DIFFERENT CLASS

I found myself in the creepy forest near Solitude, alone in the dark and it was raining to boot. The entire atmosphere had me smiling from ear to ear at how well done it all was but it was also scary as I couldn't see 10ft in front of me.

-

I made my way up toward the near mountain plain and spotted a Dragon sitting on a bridge surrounded by fog. As a I moved closer, I realized that it was actually a statue on top of the bridge and I had just discovered the small town of Dragonbridge.

-

The music changed and suddenly, all the feeling of dread I had only moments before while creeping through the forest in the rain had completely disappeared and was replaced by a feeling of safety and comfort so I made my way to the local pub to meet the locals.

-

No, I'm not bored with Skyrim yet... not bored at all.

GREAT STORY @NEECHMONKEY........ANOTHER SUGGESTION IS POP IN A DIFFERENT GAME...I HAVE PLENTY OG NEW GAMES ON MY PS3 AND XBOX....IF I DO GET BORED....ILL JUST SWITCH OUT GAMES AND PLAY SOMETHING ELSE....THERES ALSO THE OUTSIDE WORLD LOL

Im plenty of hours in and am right now at work imagining all the things I will do when I get home tonight. Not bored in the least.

I honestly don't know why I am not taking any damage at all. I actually could be taking a lot of damage but I always have a healing spell in my left hand and a sword in my right hand. I heal a lot. Maybe I am not finding enough harder enemies.

I am an Level 36 Imperial. I am highly skilled in one handed and I use destruction (and restoration when I am in the heat of battle). One of my main skills is sneak. I haven't been so stealthy lately because I am just so thirsty for a huge fight. Ever since I started using smithing skill all of my weapons have turned super powerful. I still don't understand why I am not taking much damage. I am kind of a restoration freak if you wanna call it that.

I bumped up the difficulty to expert. Wolves can actually fight back now without be pimp slapping them off a cliff. But they're still weak. Either way, I am just working on smaller quest until I complete a majority of them and head back to the main questline.

To classify my character? I don't really know. I use all 3 types of classes (mage, warrior, sneak). I am mostly towards sneak though.

To me, the actual Gameplay is secondary. The reason I love these games is because I can really craft a character. Have you made a role for your character? If not, I would suggest a second character with a role. They are really easy to make. You only need a few things.

1. Backstory- Basically where they are from, and why they crossed the boarder. This can be really broad or very specific.

2. Motive - Give your character a motive. Having a motive can help you in deciding what to do or not to do. If you complete your motive, think of another motive that fits with your character arc.

3. Morality- Give you character a moral compass. They can be evil, good, neutral, or it might depend on the situation.

If you make a role, the game seems fresh every time. And it makes multiple playthroughs more fun. I am the same level as you, and I still am having a ton of fun. I also have a second character going that is stealthy and 'darker' than my main character. I feel that I have made a sizable dent in this game, but am nowhere near finished.