skyrim dlc possible trouble or intended? (involves online needs)

hello im lastlonleader... first of let me apologize in advance incase im in the wrong section or if xbox is the issue im new to the forum

ok so i recently bought all skyrim dlc and have had some troubles (unless this is intended im just trying to fin answers)

the problem is the dlc hearthfire and dawngaurd wont load when im offline but work perfectly when im online

they are installed into the system and when i go offline it says [the dlc required is missing or deleted save might not work] but if i reconect its fine

thing is  have dragonborn dlc and it works fine offline

greatly apreciate any info on this thank you

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 16 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

i forgot to mention by [unless intended] i ment unless this is some anti piracy thing for xbox becouse ive heard rumors of people doing that now -.-

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there LastLoneLeader! I haven't heard anything about having to be online to play those DLCs, but at least it works while you're online! ^_^

Can you tell me if you're signing just offline or if you're signing out of your profile entirely? This might be causing the issue as it doesn't have your profile to identify with your saved game.

Sorry this didn't help.

im just offline i am signed in to my profile i dl'ed the dlc to thats why im confused as mentioned the dragonborn works fine

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey again LastLoneLeader! That's definitely odd that it won't let you play the DLC offline. Let's try a few troubleshooting ideas and see how we do. ^_^

-First off, delete the DLC in question off of your hard drive (go to the system hub on your dashboard, then settings, then storage).
-Clear your system cache (check out this guide: http://support.xbox.com/xbox-360/settings-and-initial-setup/clear-system-cache).
-Restart your console.
-Redownload the DLC from your download history (check out this guide: http://support.xbox.com/xbox-live/marketplace-and-purchasing/download-content-history).
-Try the DLC again both in online and offline mode.

Let us know how that works from you and we'll go from there! ^_^ 

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there LastLoneLeader! I did want to add to what has been said so far. I do know from experience that some games (usually older ones) sometimes require online for dlc or expansions to work correctly, even though stated differently. I have had issues with Castle Crashers, Worms, etc for some years now.

In most cases, the content should work fine in online and offline mode, but sometimes there can be a licensing issue as well. Have you had to transfer any licensing to your current xbox from another, or do you use more than one console to play Skyrim on?

Mister Cerb is right in the first steps that you should take : )

Unfortunately, this may be an issue or glitch with the content itself.

Sorry this didn't help.

I would just like to reiterate what Pheonix has asked, did you purchase the dlc on another console? As to me that is what it sounds like, the licence isn't on your console but on another, if connected to live, live knows you have the license somewhere.

Sorry this didn't help.

This will definitely happen if you bought the content on a diferent xbox from the one you are on. If you bought the content on a different console, but with the same gamertag, you'll need to do a license tranfer in order to get the full license on the console you are using,.

Settings on the dashboard, click account tile, then license transfer is at the bottom. Hope this helps.

Sorry this didn't help.

This is a license transfer issue. The DLC is licensed to the gamer tag, and not the console. if you do a license transfer you will be able to play offline without issues.

Sorry this didn't help.

Dear original poster,

I have had the same issues with Skyrim DLC. I have been gold for 4 years and have purchased the downloads for the DLC rather than getting the Legendary Edition of the game that has all of them included. While online, I have no issues with DLC (on this game) whether I use my profile that purchased them or another profile, such as my girlfriends.

Recently I have lost internet access at my house, so I have been playing offline for a couple days. I noticed that on another profile, the game acted as though the DLC's did not exist on my console. I have made sure in the past, after I purchased a new console, to transfer all licenses to the current console, as well as keep my standard profile. I checked with my normal profile and found the same situation.

With a game that has absolutely no multiplayer or internet access needs, it seems rather odd to need to be connected to Xbox Live in order to use the DLC's.

And to Syriel One's comment, the license transfer is not the issue. It happened to me on the console in which I purchased the DLC's while offline, while using the original profile that was used to purchase it as well.

I believe this was not exactly intended to happen, just a unhappy coincidence. If I am correct though, if you purchase the Legendary Edition of the game on disk (last time I checked it was about $30 new at Walmart) you shouldn't have an issue with the DLC's. But, like me, you probably don't want to have to buy the game/DLC's again.

Sorry this didn't help.

Just to clarify, License Transfer does NOT fix this issue. Tried it myself, and it did not work. If you find this to work for you, then congratulations.

Sorry this didn't help.