Skyrim: Did I visit at a bad time? Are torches out of fashion?

Seriously, what's more atmospheric then exploring an unknown cave, simple:  exploring an unknown cave holding a torch. Don't gimme a 60 sec. candlelight spell, let me hold a frickin' torch. That said, where ARE the torches, google gives me lies about being able to take torches of walls and barrels just give me healthfood in this game. 

Does anyone here know where to find (or create) torches in Skyrim? Help is greatly appreciated 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

i bet guards at night have them, maybe you can find some in the barracks

I like your thinking because that's what I did. The barracks in Whitestone didn't have them, in all honesty I haven't checked other barracks. Taking down a guard for just his torch is a bit much :)

i mean, i remmeber oblivon every other box had a torch. i have 1 now, but eh havent seen any more

I've seen a few in crates and barrels while randomly exploring dungeons. Both my hands are occupied, though. So I can't even carry them. What I would really like is an enchanted item that has a constant light effect like I had in Oblivion. Anyone know where I could find one?

Be a cat, man! NIGHTVISION!

The dungeon in Whiterun has a bunch(the sewer part) and I believe they respawn or are replaced daily. If not it's still like 10+ so it should help a little.

[quote user="NetshadeX"]

Seriously, what's more atmospheric then exploring an unknown cave, simple:  exploring an unknown cave holding a torch. Don't gimme a 60 sec. candlelight spell, let me hold a frickin' torch. That said, where ARE the torches, google gives me lies about being able to take torches of walls and barrels just give me healthfood in this game. 

Does anyone here know where to find (or create) torches in Skyrim? Help is greatly appreciated 

[/quote]It's not a lie, approach the torch on the wall, and it will prompt you to "Activate it."

Although I don't use torches or even lanterns. Can you use lanterns? I skulk around in the dark and impale, helpless bandits with my Greatsword.

I found torches but my TV is a lil bright so i don't need to use them in dungeons. You can also use it while exploring at night like in Oblivion.