Skyrim currently has a 95 on Metacritic!

www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/critic-reviews

Some reviewers are even claiming that Skyrim might just be the best RPG ever!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

95!!!!!  That's far too low!!!!!  It should be 101!!!!!

Hopefully it's the best... They've been getting pretty good lately.

It has increased to a 96!

Just wish the textures looked better...Snow on rocks for example looks like crap...

Trees,and plants and stuff looks good tho.

Its on a scale of 1-50?

Skyrim best rpg ever?I have to say,i get the old morrowind feeling back playing skyrim,sure skills have been simplified a bit but the game feels just as epic and open,definitley improved on oblivion...so yeah best ever?It could bloody well be...it could be.

I love the new skill system,doesnt need to be harder than that...

As has been said 96 now.....needs to go to at LEAST 99.

Also LOL nobody cares about the PC and PS3 versions.....the PC only has 5 reviews, the PS3 has 12 whereas the 360 has a solid 54 reviews. It seems quite clear where most players are expected to be if nobody bothers trying to get the PC and PS3 gamers to their websites.

"Snow on rocks for example looks like crap".

I noticed much the same thing, particularly when the light comes into play. For some reason it really reminded me of Borderlands graphics :/

"Best RPG Ever".

I'm calling no. Leveling is too simple (Strength/Intelligence/Luck from Oblivion? Doesn't even appear in Skyrim) although the environment is easily the best I've ever seen (NPCs/scenery/so on). It is a FANTASTIC game, don't get me wrong, but it's also very slightly clunkier than Oblivion, for example, and that really comes into play using a two-handed sword.

Also, I haven't really touched Magic because.... Having it occupy a slot on your hands is the stupidest thing I have ever seen in an RPG, it really is.

WTF.

That is how they made up for ditching classes though. I like the idea much more than in Oblivion.