SKYRIM Add Ons - Will they affect progress of existing game?

I'm currently at level 41 of Skyrim and want to know if adding on: Dragonborn, Dawnguard, Hearthfire or the Skyrim Kinect add on's would affect or possibly erase my current progress on my existing Skyrim game?  

I would be sooooo bummed if I got all of these add ons and then found out that my current game was deleted.  

Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 902 Applies to:

Hi there,

-

No it won't erase your progress, it will load up exactly the way you left it, you will just have additional quests open to you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No it will not do anything to your current save files. They will still be there and you will have access to all the new content with your saved character.

Sorry this didn't help.

As the other two users have suggested you will not lose your save data, the game will load like normal and within half hour or so you should be notified of new quests relating to the DLC. If you want to be certain though you can copy your saves to a USB to device to back them up.

One important thing to remember though is once you install the DLC and start playing it if you then try to load your game without the DLC installed you could run into problems. At best you will lose all DLC related progress/items, or just be unable to load the save and at worst you could corrupt the save.

Sorry this didn't help.