Skype Difficulties between Panasonic Viera BRDVD player & Xbox One

Hi,

I've been experiencing really terrible pixelation and freezing when I call a user on skype who is using the Panasonic Viera Skype app.

I've placed both my xbox one and the remote user's skype dvd player in the DMZ on both networks.

I've verified calling Viera-Skype to Viera-Skype shows no pixelation or freezing.

BUT, when I call from xbox->viera in either direction - horrendous freezing and pixelation; audio is fine.

Is there some sort of incompatibility between clients?

Is xbox expecting a resolution the panasonic player/remote camera can't provide?

Running out of ideas here but happy to further troubleshoot if someone can help me / provide details.

Thanks!

-Chris

#confused xbox skype user

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 24 Applies to:

It will most likely be internet problems, as in order to use skype in "Glorious HD" you both need good upload and download speeds last I checked it was 2mb-4mb both ways for best result.

Also see if you friend can use skype on the there phone (if they have a smart phone if not try PC) via the same network this way you will be able to tell if it is a internet problem or a software problem!

If you can call them from a different device with little to no problems then it could be the panasonic's camera or software at fault

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I don't see how that could be the case. We both skype absolutely fine in HD using the Panasonic Viera skype app on the same connection. I use it, the other person uses it. Viera to Viera Skype Works fine.  I've tested this at the same time as i've had pixelation on the xbox skype client. Bandwidth is fine.

Skype from *xbox* to the same Panasonic viera client however is a different story. Massive pixelation and freezing.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thats what I was asking you 9 times out of 10 it IS the internet!

But I did also say try other clients to see it it was a software problem or internet, so the fact that you can skype from Viera to Viera with no problems means that it IS as compatibility problem, as I know for a fact that xbox to xbox works just fine with no pixelation.

-

It could still be the Viera at fault here as it could and most likely is running and older version of skype/video codecs the only real way to tell is by checking the software version and by how old that version is.

How often do Panasonic push updates out for there software?

-

So again please try using a different device to help pin point if it is the viera or the xbox, if you/he can call the xbox from a different device with no problems then it will be the vieras software but if you get the same problem as before then ether the xbox's skype needs updating or its just not compatible with other devices yet.

The best way to find the problem is to eliminate all other options

Sorry this didn't help.