Sky HD via XBOX One (UK)

Any update on when you're going to fix our consoles?

This is beyond a joke now. I bought the console 3 months ago and this problem still hasn't been fixed, hell I don't even know if a proper fix is possible. After seeing all the reviews on the graphics of games on the PS4 vs XBOX One this has really annoyed me. The only reason I can think that I should have bought the XBOX One over the PS4 was for the multimedia functionality, but the main feature is completely broken in the UK, and the majority of Europe afaik.

Don't get me wrong I love the fact that I can check the score of the football so quickly and easily while waiting for games to start on FIFA or CoD, but this is completely ruined by the terrible picture quality I am getting as a result of the failed UK TV integration. I am no techy and I don't claim to be, but it is clearly a huge problem and needs fixing.

At the moment I am using a 'temporary fix' by tricking the XBOX to operate in 50hz but this a major inconvenience if I have to do this every time I switch from a game to TV. If the console is in 60hz mode then the TV especially live sports (which is mostly what I watch) is extremely blurry and genuinely hurts my eyes that I can't watch it. But if it's in 50hz mode then there is a noticeable drop in performance of my games. This is extremely noticeable in Tomb Raider for example where the audio in cutscenes becomes really crackly.

All I want is someone to acknowledge there is a problem, tell me if its fixable and also inform me what kind of time frame we're looking at. As right now this is ruining my experience with my XBOX and I'm really thinking about taking a loss and trading it in for a PS4, as the 'media hub xbox one' just isn't working for me.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hi there I'm also in the UK using a sky box and I feel your pain, changing my sky box video settings to 720p solved the issues I was having with picture quality. Also the quality of the HDMI cable makes a massive difference so maybe an upgrade could help.

Have a look at this link for more info

support.xbox.com/.../poor-video-performance

If there's anything else I can help you with please don't hesitate to ask.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Please explain how a digital signal can be affected by the quality of the HDMI cable.

Annie..........
Revo 3610 (insider Fast)
Lumia 1520
Xbox One (preview)

Sorry this didn't help.

Sure it was something I read? Unless I've misunderstood and it's the quality of wiring and connections eg damaged, kinked.

Sorry this didn't help.