Skills

I was wondering if there is a way to select a game to play based on skill levels!? I know that the answer is probly NO cause everytijme i get into a game i see that alot of INexperienced players, such as myself are put up agsinst players who have played the game longer and have more experience. As i mentioned in an another post that i noticed that when the game starts I see the inexperienced players take off on a dead run all over the map in all different directions. No one helps anyone else.. i mean like a buddy system. They all just run wild. Then i start seeing the death skulls start appearing all over the map. It's quite humourous i have to add! :) The opposing team builds up high scores FAST! Granted i am a newbie to COD:BO I am still trying to learn my way around the maps. Yes i know that combat training mode is good for that .. but NOT good for the fact that the bots dont run around like real human players do. So it is not really the same thing. Can you play combat training mode with human players on line?! that have the same skill levels?! Oh also why does the xbox live forum very laggy when typing?! the cursor is slow and doesnt keep up with my typing? just wondering!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Call of Duty doesn't really have a "match making" system.

It just throws people together and calls it good.

If you want to find similarly skilled players, you're going to have to make some buddies online and make your own private game.

You can have other human players in Combat Training. You can play against bots or skew the teams so that people can switch and play against each other.

Also, the new Xbox LIVE forums are laggy, it's not just you.

because every player is selfish and only wants to do good himself and probably wouldnt care about winning or losing as long as he has a "good k/d". call of duty wouldnt adapt a true rank matchmaking system similar to halo. also if its lagging it has do to with your computer performance.

Look for score per minute All time which can be toggled in the lobby leader boards. If it pairs you with a bunch of people that have a score per minute of 250.00+ then wait and see if there on your team. If there on the opposing team you have an option of backing out. How ever sometimes it just throws you into a match that has already began or just about to end. Unfortunatly you can't control that. Don't really try and look at Kd it's really about score per minute. KD is just a gimmick.

Trial by fire dude. The only way to get better and learn is to get smacked around first and not quit everytime it happens.

well this is a SLOW computer  P4  2.8 ghz!!   But never seen anything this laggy with typing hehe!

The Military ranks  really dont meant  anything cause as i  say I ama newbz fo this game!.  and I am already a level 32 on it!  But of course i only get like  like 4-5 kills  at the most .. maybe sometime when my timing is on i can get more in ther. but thats when i  am having a GOOD day . and thats very rare hehe

Granted i need   lotza practice.  thats inevitable, hehe!  But it is  TOOeasy to play againt the bots when you can almost anticipate their every move.  But it is even  harder to play against experienced players  when the  players on  theteams i am on  are  just as beginner as i am!  

How would i get to get humans in to a COmbat Training mode?!   To learn strategy to learn how to help eachother out?!  :O)

man this is lagggin like crap!.....  how do you QUOTE someones  post?!

[quote user="DogRox1"]

[/quote]

This part pains me.

If it's the most recent post that you want to quote...

Click "USE RICH FORMATTING", then from there you'll see the message of that person and you can click on "QUOTE" below it.

If it's an earlier post...

Click on "REPLY" and then "USE RICH FORMATTING", then from there you'll see the message of that person and you can click on "QUOTE" below it.

Heaven forbid that they just have a QUOTE button right there for you!

I want the old forums back...

However, the old forums wouldn't let me have my picture signature... hmmm... but I like my signature now.

[quote user="gameshoes3003"]

[quote user="DogRox1"]

[/quote]

This part pains me.

If it's the most recent post that you want to quote...

Click "USE RICH FORMATTING", then from there you'll see the message of that person and you can click on "QUOTE" below it.

If it's an earlier post...

Click on "REPLY" and then "USE RICH FORMATTING", then from there you'll see the message of that person and you can click on "QUOTE" below it.

Heaven forbid that they just have a QUOTE button right there for you!

I want the old forums back...

However, the old forums wouldn't let me have my picture signature... hmmm... but I like my signature now.

[/quote]
KEWL it works!. Still laggy but now i know how to quote!! :O) I never seen the old forum to know what it WAS like! But i am member of alot of forums and i never seen anything like this lag! oh well.. i guess i will live with it! :)
@SPUD 72.. I never quit any games just cause i get killed alot! i always play them through to the end of the match. i dont think thats good sportsmanship to back out during a game in progress cause that not only makes the teams uneven.. (then agsin with my skill level it already seems that way hehe!!).. but you still get points at the end of the round that is good to put towards new upgrades!
I did see that leaderboard list and the filtering.. man there is alot of people with (0) NO KILLS and like over thousands of deaths hehe I dont feel so bad now heheheh! I am NOT at the WAY bottom of that list heheh! I figured all them 0 kills Thousands DEaths players must been people testing out the game levels during the construction of the game!! who knows! but at least i am not WAY down there heheh!

now i dont get the line breaks in between my paragraphs i have to add the BR TAG!?! whats with this forum?!?!

i watched some videos yesterday of some killer players..and i think i know what i am doing wrong.  compared to what they are doing.   I noticed that they head for the red dots that show up on thier radar.     my problems is i dont see them that well  I dont know if it is my tv.... or my eyes..  .. I know they are there cause the  spy plane is picking them up.. just tjhat i cant see the colour of that red that well.  the only timei rea.ly notice the red is when you get like a groupd of them together and the red stands out better!.   They are not hiding ior using ghost.. the dots are there i just cant seem them that good when the timing relies on it!

So thats an issue with me.

I also noticed that they anticipate  alot of the oppsing teams moves.. like  one video i seen that was a review on the new  CONVOY map.  that the reviewer was shooting up on the crosswalk brdige..  and i couldnt see anyone there.. not even on the radar.. but he was wracking up points  just  shooting  randomly up there How did he know there were there?!   i couldnt see anyone as i was watching the video... so i .assume that he was just anticipating that they would be there.

Same with lodging grenades  he would throw them up over buildings   seems like at random, and would get points that way as well!....  

So obviously i havent played the game that long to know these tricks or to get used to the radar.   but these guys probly played these type games since the beginning of time hehe!  I used to be realjy good at DESCENT wiht mouse and keyboard  on line.  thats another thing too being a mouser and keyboarder..  thats like playing a different game all together :)

The mini-map is a very powerful tool to help locate enemies.

The guys are sort of anticipating the enemies to come through their sights; there are some common place where if you just wait long enough somebody will come by.

Then as for the grenades, they have memorized exactly where to throw the grenades. This depends more on luck of a guy being there at the other end, but most people rarely use grenades in direct combat so just throwing one out there isn't a bad idea.

This.