Skarlet's far from Ready for dlc N other Rants

1.The first dlc has been announced. Good. Wish I was paying 240 points for Skins instead of 5 bucks. em, ok ill pay.

2. Skarlet available for play at E3? So I am suppose to be excited about that, am I the only one disappointed ? I thought she was a week away at the most.

3. If  Skarlet drops for DL in late June as I expect, Kenshi must be much farther than ready. My best Guess Is August  for Kenshi

4. Ed Boon has notoriously lied about dlc from past games before. I cant see him releasing more than 4 fighters before they focus on MK II.

5. Jason and Freddy My favorite rumor must of been that. My best guess is this game will Not have the Heavily supported DLC as promised. Hope I am wrong

6. Very much looking forward to 800 point MK Kollection. This is the diamond in the rough

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

1 - It's still less than a dollar for each costume. Which is, by far, better than Capcom has been doing for the SF franchise from the looks of it.

2 - Nothing has been set in stone on the release of Scarlet yet. Only that we'll be getting a video on Monday and she'll be playable at E3.

3 - I'm sure they're working on Kenshi, they just have Scarlet a bit more prepped and ready at the moment. Who knows? We might see him with her.

4 - I would like some citations for this claim. Actual links and proof.

5 - We're getting the outfits and 2 characters soon enough. You don't know what else is in store for the moment.

6 - As am I. It'll bring back some fond memories.

I don't remember them promising Freddy K and Jason.

I am I late on something, here?

They were talking about the supposed promises of DLC for MK vs DC. This has only had a few things promised for DLC and 'more' so far. More could be a little or a lot for this. Freddy and Jason are only rumored and not confirmed in the slightest.

It seems like a ridiculous rumour to me. If nothing at all has been hinted by the company for those two, where'd this rumour originate?

Different boards and forums. People have high hopes for plenty of content and that can lead to heavy wishes at times.

He was talking about MK vs DC DLC BUT Midway filed for bankruptcy.......can't really do much when the company goes out of business.

I'll never buy DLC for this game. $5 for a pallet swap on two different kinds of costumes? No thanks. People *** about the SSF4 costumes being $2 a piece but I think it's way more worth it. Their alternate outfits look like they actually took time to make them. I think for the whole roster of alternates in SSF4 it's $15. 35 different costumes with 10 different colors each that's 350 different outfits all together. I think Street Fighter is the only game Capcom makes good DLC for. MVC3 had DLC characters for $5 each. That's just insane.

I agree with CW, 400MSP for palette swapped costumes is a joke and I would have to add that it is an insult to those of us that committed to pre-order the game through the relevant outlets.  

(CW do you remember that I had a problem with a Mad Catz TE?  I now have two TE's, I got another replacement and was allowed to keep the TE with the buckled top plate ).

[quote user="Malesoun"]

I agree with CW, 400MSP for palette swapped costumes is a joke and I would have to add that it is an insult to those of us that committed to pre-order the game through the relevant outlets.  

(CW do you remember that I had a problem with a Mad Catz TE?  I now have two TE's, I got another replacement and was allowed to keep the TE with the buckled top plate ).

[/quote]

Insult? HAHAHA. The only Retro costume in the bundle being releasedI would argue being anywhere close to an insult it Ermac's because you had to buy the Limited or the other big version. Pre-ordering from a certain shop takes no effort at all and costs no more (depending on the store's selling price but thats a different story) step down from that high horse of yours that that retro outfit is putting you on, it doesn't make you better and NRS aren't insulting anyone by releasing them.

To be honest, it's all personal taste. I think MK is far more deserving of the price tag than SF is at all. At least with MK, you're getting 3 extra fatalities with them. you're buying costumes for characters, people. Costumes. Not actual characters. Five dollars is plenty and anymore would be asking for too much, especially when it's less than a dollar per costume. Something purely aesthetic and has no impact on the game. At least it's costumes for characters that play different as well. No offense, but SF has a history of making too many characters play out nearly the exact same. Guile and Charlie, Ryu, Ken, Akuma, etc. You've already got a good chunk of the roster taken up by palette swaps.

Just my view, really, but I'm being honest when I say that MK is far more deserving of the money than SF. I much rather have costumes for cheap for different characters that have different play styles instead of paying more for less. I grew up with both games but MK always captured my interest far more and kept me coming back to play it again and again. SF never managed that with a lot of flash and little substance. Again, it all boils down to personal preference. Don't buy it if you don't want it.