Situational Awareness

Situational Awareness is the ability to identify, process, and comprehend the critical elements of information about what is happening to the team with regards to the mission.  More simply, it’s knowing what is going on around you.

I am amazed at how many veteran players in this game still have no idea what to do and when to do it.  For example, tank enters base of defending team.  Snipers continue to snipe, **** keeps right on assaulting, Medics go right on medicating, and one lone Engineer attacks the tank with a rocket and is quickly killed.  The attacking team rolls though all the mcoms and the game is over, you lose.  Every map in Rush with the exception of Cold War, Nelson Bay, and White Pass have either tanks or helicopters in them.  If you want to snipe or medic or assult I recommend you play those maps exclusively.  The balance of the map packs require that you lean heavily towards playing Engineer.  Ever heard the term "stupid blue guys?"  They are the 5 or more snipers camped on the right hill in Arica Harbor doing their best to stop a 3 tank **** on the first base.  The attacking team knows they are there.  The game is old and no one is fooling anyone anymore.  So why are you all still scurrying up there?  Poor Situational Awareness.  Those tanks and humvees and ATV's are someone elses problem.  I just need 30 more kills for a platinum star on my GOL.  Why would I carry a tracer gun?  What happens if I get jumped?  I need my pistol.  Who cares that I can trace a tank from up there and the 2 or 3 players that are playing engy can fire rockets that home in on it's postion even if it's moving.  I can mortar strike them as long as they stay still.  What? Your tank needs fixing?  That's not my job.  I have to pass out ammo and revive downed players out in the open so they can get shot again and again.  I'll stand right behind my sniper buddy and if he gets shot I can get mad revive points.  Instead of doing what you want to do, try doing what has to be done.  Then you can say to your friends, "I have mad situational awareness" the next time they try to brag to you about their beastly KDR.   

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

this is why we need unranked games... EXEcutioner870 sounds like a hoot to play with.

also how does a level 1 claim king? 

Let me find my magnifying glasses, I'll be right back ....

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

[quote user="EXEcutioner870"]

Situational Awareness is the ability to identify, process, and comprehend the critical elements of information about what is happening to the team with regards to the mission.  More simply, it’s knowing what is going on around you.

I am amazed at how many veteran players in this game still have no idea what to do and when to do it.  For example, tank enters base of defending team.  Snipers continue to snipe, Assault keeps right on assaulting, Medics go right on medicating, and one lone Engineer attacks the tank with a rocket and is quickly killed.  The attacking team rolls though all the mcoms and the game is over, you lose.  Every map in Rush with the exception of Cold War, Nelson Bay, and White Pass have either tanks or helicopters in them.  If you want to snipe or medic or assult I recommend you play those maps exclusively.  The balance of the map packs require that you lean heavily towards playing Engineer.  Ever heard the term "stupid blue guys?"  They are the 5 or more snipers camped on the right hill in Arica Harbor doing their best to stop a 3 tank assault on the first base.  The attacking team knows they are there.  The game is old and no one is fooling anyone anymore.  So why are you all still scurrying up there?  Poor Situational Awareness.  Those tanks and humvees and ATV's are someone elses problem.  I just need 30 more kills for a platinum star on my GOL.  Why would I carry a tracer gun?  What happens if I get jumped?  I need my pistol.  Who cares that I can trace a tank from up there and the 2 or 3 players that are playing engy can fire rockets that home in on it's postion even if it's moving.  I can mortar strike them as long as they stay still.  What? Your tank needs fixing?  That's not my job.  I have to pass out ammo and revive downed players out in the open so they can get shot again and again.  I'll stand right behind my sniper buddy and if he gets shot I can get mad revive points.  Instead of doing what you want to do, try doing what has to be done.  Then you can say to your friends, "I have mad situational awareness" the next time they try to brag to you about their beastly KDR.   

[/quote]

Re-posted in readable  for you.

In response. I carry a tracer as all but sniper, as a sniper I carry mortars and use them in tanks and I have a spotting scope so i can keep tagging the tank. I carry a pistol as sniper because its quite useful and at sniper range the tracer, though possible to use takes some real judgement to get a perfect hit at the distance, if I took it up close maybe I'd use the tracer but at the distance and vantage I recon from its useless I can spot everything from a distance away.

As medic theres no point tackling the tank, keep people alive and if you have a tracer fire that, its up to others to do something.

As an assult I use either grenades or smoke whichever I have as the barrel attachment to distract the tank. Smoke blinding it yet done right allows enginerrs to get shots off at it and people with C4 to move in with less trouble. With normal grenades I try to time them to hit just after an engineers shot to cause some damage and bring up the hit direction giving the people in the tank two possible directions the main rocket could have come from.

I agree more people should carry tracers but with snipers its useless unless your at point blank really its better to have the mortar and a pistol and just shell the tank.

tracers are nice for teamwork and extra points but takes up time.

i can fire a rocket and reload in the same time it takes to tracer rocket the same target. 

smoking tanks helps your C4 people greatly.

[quote user="reverse20"]

this is why we need unranked games... EXEcutioner870 sounds like a hoot to play with.

also how does a level 1 claim king? 

[/quote]

i know right? if anyone around here is, it's me...or the banned who've fallen.

This guy complains alot....Old proverb..."Man who do work in *** house get jerk around"

.exe terminate

After all the time Ive had playing online, Ive found these threads are only useful to those of the willing mind. Its better served creating a thread to find people like yourself who place value on good situational play. Best to find those like you than to try to inform the masses because there will always be randoms who only play looking out for themselves.  Send me a message sometime to play, I make an effort to do the best thing for my team, but there are times I have a tendency to do other things to entertain myself...like ride a c4 atv into an enemy spawn. Gotta have fun while being serious sometimes

Situation awareness, situational awareness, or SA, is the perception of environmental elements with respect to time and/or space, the comprehension of their meaning, and the projection of their status after some variable has changed, such as time. It is also a field of study concerned with perception of the environment critical to decision-makers in complex, dynamic areas from aviation, air traffic control, power plant operations, military command and control, and emergency services such as fire fighting and policing; to more ordinary but nevertheless complex tasks such as driving an automobile or bicycle.

This means that I am sniping and I know they planted a bomb, but I don't care lol...but I am aware of it

I kinda agree with you. There have been many games where people seem to forget what that blinding red strobe light around that rectangular box means.

Anyways, I don't take a tracer along much anyways, since I use the AT4 on my Engi, and my M14 medic needs a trusty sidearm. I only use it when I'm playing a vehicle support role with Assault (Tracer + Smoke), or to try and hit attack choppers.

I think we have all had a moment like that.

I refer to it as being on 'team special needs' which is a nice way of saying that the rest of your team are mentally disabled.