Single handed controller for 360....................

Ok, I have sent so many emails to different people at MS/xbox and still no reply, maybe someone here can help me..................................?

My son has Right hemiplegic cerebal palsey, in other words he is paralysed down his right side, he had a small amount of movement of his right hand and was sort of able to play his xbox but in August he had to have a masive brain operation (hemispherectomy) which is the removal of the left side of his brain, this has caused even more weakness of his right hand side and less control of his pad. I have seen the one handed controllers here and there on the internet but cannot find anywhere to buy one, now, I'm not being funny , but after sending nearly 20 emails to xbox support etc don't you think just 1 reply would be nice? here is a little 9 year old who lives for his xbox and no one within Microsoft Xbox seems to care.

Am I going to get a reply on here? Maybe, maybe not, if i don't then at least this is in view of the public and people will see that this huge company don't care about its customers!

I look forward to seeing what happens!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 88 Applies to:

While your conern is certainly understandable, it is more something that should be addressed to a foundation that works with corporations to produce equipment for those with special needs such as United Cerebal Palsey.  These endowments can address such concerns with developers and together solutions can be found.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Surely Microsoft have an idea of where to go about one or have worked with someone on this before though, unfortunately we live in the UK and United Cerebral Palsey are USA based , if there is no response from MS then I will have to try something else.

my whole point of this though is to find out why no one seems to be bothered to reply to my emails about a (maybe not in their eyes) serious problem, and surely my son is not the only person in the world with only one hand that works! I know for a fact that sony released a single handed controller for the ps2, I have seen it with my own eyes! It would be to think that someone here within Xbox gave a damn!

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok  then, no response, i would have thought someone from Microsoft would at least post saying something along the lines of "We don't know of anywhere at present but will endevor to get some information" but I guess disabled gamers don't have the same rights as able bodied gamers, bit strange really, I could have sworn there was a bill?law passed to stop discrimination!

Sorry this didn't help.

Not posting in the hardware area might have something to do with lack of response. A lot of people who respond in here aren't actually xbox employees - just people who feel like helping.

Controllors and accessories are part of the hardware. So... no one in here would probably know much about it.

Sorry this didn't help.

I only know of one person who makes and sells 1 handed controllers and have seen a few youtubes of them in action, they seem pretty good.  I dunno if we're allowed to post other websites here so if you just google "ben heck access controller" you will find it

Sorry this didn't help.

Cheers Raett and ThoracicNickel6, I have been in contact with Ben Heck, $350 for him to build one for my son, if no other soloution arrives that might be the only way.

@Raett...........I'm going to put it into hardware now, thanks for that, but then surely a MOD would have seen this and made the sugestion or passed it on? maybe not, I mean if they cant answer 1 of 20 emails then why bother with this? just getting money out of us all is the way they want to work..............................

Sorry this didn't help.

Check out Dragon Plus controllers. They have what you need:)

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, MateFeedKill8! We appreciate you jumping in to help others out, however this thread is over 3 years old. The original poster has likely solved their issue. I suggest heading over to more recent threads that others have posted to see if you can help them out with your knowledge. We love see you guys help out your fellow gamers, and look forward to seeing more helpful posts from you! :)

Sorry this didn't help.