similar to Goldeneye 007 for N64

anyone remember that game, they had "spawn sequences".  My friend knew exactly where people would spawn after killing us....he would either shoot us right away, or before we spawned, set up proximity mines so we cant move from the spawn, lmao.

These spawns in this game are just as bad.  Some people just know where you will spawn, and ur dead within a 1/4 second.   I played this game once in past month or so and remembered why i cant play this game online.  The stupid spawns where you can die 3 times in 2 seconds

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The spawns in any game that doesn't use a completely random system are going to be figured out and exploited very quickly nowadays.

I wouldn't bother worrying so hard over it.

There's a HUGE difference between Goldeneye and MW3.

When Goldeneye was made, multiplayer FPS games on consoles was not even considered. In fact, most FPS games on consoles lacked a multiplayer function (The only real exception was Faceball 2000 for the SNES...if you really want to remember that game exists). Goldeneye revolutionized FPS Multiplayer play with a fun, action-packed setting. Naturally, this wasn't perfect by any means.

This was in 1997.

MW3 was made right before 2012. Console games have came a long way in terms of technology. It's not like Goldeneye, where the game's multiplayer was more of an experiment. They used an existant, successful formula dating back to CoD4. There was MINOR spawn problems in CoD4 or MW2. WaW had more major problems, such as facing a wall and looking straight up at the sky for some...unbeknownst reason. Of course, this caused you to die most of the time.

Black Ops RARELY had the same problem, but it was so rare that it's not even worth mentioning, and I think it was eventually patched.

So what's MW3's excuse? There is none. You can't compare it to an FPS game, possibly the first to have a successful multiplayer experience on consoles, that was made in 1997 and say that makes it okay.

He isn't saying it was OK, lol. Also, it isn't a matter of technology... better technology doesn't cause better spawning.

Bad choices, I think, were the problem with MW3 for those of you who believe there is a problem with it. They could change it if they wanted, though I can't say why they haven't. Perhaps they, like me, don't think there's as much of a problem with it as there's made out to be : )

[quote]Also, it isn't a matter of technology... better technology doesn't cause better spawning.[/quote]

I can't think of a game right off the top of my head that has a highly successful multiplayer system and has a horrible spawn system to go with it.

The closest I can come is Quake 3, but that's because of how the game operates. It's one of the most fast-paced FPS games in existance. Infinitely faster paced than CoD.

And it is a problem. When you're being killed 4+ times in a row beyond anything you can control, it's an extreme problem.

The only map I have many issues on is Dome, for obvious reasons.

I didn't say there wasn't a problem with it, I said I myself don't think there's anywhere near that much of a problem with it : )

Half the time being spawnkilled is just going to happen, and Call of Duty's excessive scenery and extremely low health aren't going to make it any easier to get away. You're also going to get the benefit of spawning sometimes, killing someone looking the other way.

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57qV4ge0GlA]

Looking at 4:30 to 4:55, though mainly the part on Narrows, that's what I'd call a problem. At least that requires effort to set up, however, while on some Call of Duty maps your opponent barely has to do anything. Huge sightlines also don't help. I remember being spawntrapped on Mission and not being able to do anything about it, but.... I just quit :P

Bad spawns in MW3? Same as every game. Being spawntrapped is a problem and they could do something about that but spawns will just happen... I very much doubt that they'll be able to change the spawning to suit everyone... partly because of the differences between players. There's always someone who will be able to pick up the recently spawned... and being spawned too far back is what creates being spawntrapped.

The one thing that really jacks me about the spawning....   You'll get killed 2-3 times and spawn in the same area but if you throw out a care package and get killed forget about it..  you're spawning on the complete other side of the gd map...

I'm not sure if it's a matter of people learning and knowing where all the spawn points are and where you'll pop up, but I think it's more of you spawning so close to the enemy.

I don't know if I'm more easy going than alot of people, play more conservative or am just plain lucky, but I hear alot of complaints about people spawning near the opponent but I'm rarely bothered but this issue.

I've noticed lately in team death match entire teams staying on one side of the map and I'll respawn on the opposite side, then the next game they will spawn all over the team I'm on. It's very inconsistent.

yes but what if you killed him first? wouldnt he get blown up then