Silent Hill HD Collection coming to 360!

Yup.  Source.  The 2nd and 3rd are coming to us remade in HD.  F*** yeah!

[view:http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2011/202/632692_20110722_790screen001.jpg]

[view:http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2011/202/632692_20110722_790screen002.jpg]

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Now if they just release a good Contra and Suikoden collection, that'd be cool. I am perfectly content with just the Metal Gear Solid Collection though. Hey, will the Silent Hill collection be good enough to hold the attention of someone like me? I'm old school and love and enjoy all games, but does the gameplay still hold a light compared to recent stuff?

[quote user="ThugLife67889"]

@PSn.. MGS Series is not exclusive to Ps3 the only exclusive game is MGS4

[/quote]

I already knew that, but more than likely MGS5 will still be exclusive to PS3.  Do you think it will or no?  Just curious.

Releasing Silent Hill 1 would only downgrade the value of owning the original disc, kind of like ff7 and ff8 on psn.

[quote user="LittleHellXIII"]

@ PSN Is Garbage  - I remember reading somewhere at the time when these HD collections were announced , that Konami weren't including part 1 of Silent Hill and MGS as they are seriously considering doing a full remake.

-

Take it as just a rumour though because I can't find the source.

[/quote]

Well they practically made a full remake, or at least a "re-imagining" of Silent Hill 1. It was Silent Hill: Shattered Memories for the Wii. I honestly liked it a lot, but I would've rather seen it on the 360, or at least the PS3.

Looking forward to silent Hill.

This thread made my day .

IS - i also would love a Suikoden collection.

[quote user="PSN Is Garbage"]

[quote user="ThugLife67889"]

@PSn.. MGS Series is not exclusive to Ps3 the only exclusive game is MGS4

[/quote]

I already knew that, but more than likely MGS5 will still be exclusive to PS3.  Do you think it will or no?  Just curious.

[/quote]

I do. I see this as them wanting to expand their audience. It is undeniable that this will make them more money by going multiplat. This is an early sign that they are entertaining the idea. I would reckon if the collection sells well on the 360 then there is no possible reason they can not make the next game multiplat. Money speaks

There certainly are a lot o HD remakes upcoming. Silent Hill, Metal Gear Solid, Splinter Cell, Halo CE.

[quote user="LittleHellXIII"]

@ PSN Is Garbage  - I remember reading somewhere at the time when these HD collections were announced , that Konami weren't including part 1 of Silent Hill and MGS as they are seriously considering doing a full remake.

-

Take it as just a rumour though because I can't find the source.

[/quote]

Hey thx for the reply man.  That would definitely make sense, if you're sure you read it there is probably some truth to that.  I'm going to try to dig up any info I can find on both collections. 

Now if only Capcom could do something similiar with their RE franchise, I would be happy.  I guess since Code Veronica and RE4 are coming to the arcade, and RE5 is available at retail, we would only need RE1, RE2, RE3 and hopefully RE 0.  I know im talking about capcom here but still.

they said they had no plans to redo MGS