Silent hill downpour on sale.

hey folks, silent hill downpour is only sale for $20 at best buy today. I am thinking about getting it its $60 at gamestop new so worst case scenario i trade it in for about the same i got it for.

-

If anyone played it how is it, I'm not much of horror game fan though

-

anyone reading can go get in on a decent deal it guess as well.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 16 Applies to:

It is quite a good horror game with scares around every corner. I was anticipating my every step due to the sheer weariness of something that was going to happen, sometimes it does and sometimes it does not which is fantastic for a game like this.  It has the main "quest" and side missions you can tackle in Silent Hill which affects your overall ending of the game which is good.

The controls are easy to handle as are the fighting mechanics are of swinging away at random ghoulies with bricks, crowbars or shovels. You say your not much of a horror game fan, and Silent Hill: Downpour is exactly what you expect from a horror game, so I would probably spend your money on something else. I myself loved every minute of the game with the suspense and such, but it might not be your cup of tea.

I think I will get it anyway, again its $20. I thought it came out last yea but it came out in march, since its $60 at gamestop i would expect about $20 trade in if i truely hated the game... you say its scary. is it real fear or just the shock of crap jumping out at you?

things jumping out is annoying, not scary. I want to be scared of things i know are there.

Will have to check this out..i hope it's better than Homecoming not that homecoming was super bad but didn't capture the feeling to me what previous Silent Hill games did.

[quote user="US Revenge"]I think I will get it anyway, again its $20. I thought it came out last yea but it came out in march, since its $60 at gamestop i would expect about $20 trade in if i truely hated the game... you say its scary. is it real fear or just the shock of crap jumping out at you?

things jumping out is annoying, not scary. I want to be scared of things i know are there.[/quote]
I would say it is a mix of both of those elements combined. Somtimes it is a jumpy moment, sometimes it is the fear of knowing it is watching you, sometimes it is both.

It is most definitely a mixture of both. To provide examples though, would ruin the experience. The game does not emphasis combat, but does emphasis atmosphere, puzzles, and exploration.

How long will this sale last ?

I definitely want to check this game out. I just have a massive back log to catch up on first, but I might try to squeeze this puppy in there somewhere.

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!