Silent Hill & Devil May Cry HD

How are these HD collections, graphics-wise?

I was mildly interested in the SH HD one, but not DMC. Capcom I hear, didn't do a great job with RE4 HD... I don't really want to try and enjoy a port of one of my favorite games with an overabundance of blur and softening... or razor-sharp edges on my new(sorta) HD television. However I am quite pleased with Konami's MGS HD.--Both, MGS2&3 were amazing on the 360. I think I genuinely enjoyed these remakes more than I originally did on the PS2 at the time.

Comments? Opinions?

Discussion Info

Last updated November 3, 2018 Views 78 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Just bought the Devil May Cry collection so I'll get back to you after I spend some time with it personally, but I have heard it's about on par with Resident Evil 4....which was a pretty mediocre HD transfer.

I've heard Silent Hill is awful.

Just bought the Silent Hill collection, didn't open it yet.  

1 friend said it was bad on the PS3, another said it was fine for him on the 360.

I will get the DMC collection at some point when it is like $20.

RE4 port is fine on the 360, it's the 3rd time I bought RE4.

The MGS collection is cool for Peace Walker, which I think should get redone as a XBLA game, not some PSP port.

Played about 40 minutes of Devil May Cry 1.

It's terrible. Only every other cutscene is in HD. No work was really done on menus, still in 4:3. The opening videos(the ones that play before the main menu) had ZERO work done. It's beyond awful. Makes Capcoms attempt on Resident Evil 4 look....GOOD.

I imagine DMC3 will be much better considering it's a newer game, but DMC1 could definitely be much better.

I don't even purchase these Collections or "HD updates" for the graphics.  

I make a purchase because I enjoy playing games on the Xbox 360 & love having my old favs on my current favorite console.

I will always pick playing RE4 on the Xbox so that I can chat with friends or accept invites while playing instead of using the Gamecube or Wiimote & being disconnected from my gaming friends.

@ CollapseControl

My thoughts exactly friend.

I had the DMC HD deliverd yesterday,not played it yet as I'm on Dark Souls and nearly got all achivo`s for it.

But yeah I bought it for the nostalgia not for Oh look how great this looks.

Looking forward to CAPCOM`s Dragon Dogma due out next month 22nd

Last time i played any of the HD classic originals, was on a SD television... it does make a difference. Before popping in the MGS HD Collection, I replayed MGS: The Twin Snakes remake on the GCN on my HD TV.--awful. I love the game and series... and TTS is one of the best remakes ever, but the experience was just terrible on an HD television.

I played a bit of the Silent Hill Collection, the graphics look ok, but the problem is the game tended to freeze a lot and had some glitchy issues from what little bit I played of it.

You would probably be better off just finding an original copy of the games on PS2.

[quote user="CollapseControl"]

I don't even purchase these Collections or "HD updates" for the graphics.  

I make a purchase because I enjoy playing games on the Xbox 360 & love having my old favs on my current favorite console.

I will always pick playing RE4 on the Xbox so that I can chat with friends or accept invites while playing instead of using the Gamecube or Wiimote & being disconnected from my gaming friends.

[/quote]thats like saying i will never buy blu rays cuz i rather watch them on my original VHS

Damn, i was really looking forward to picking up Dmc.. The best Hd collection is still God of War.

[quote user="Assassinator010"]

Damn, i was really looking forward to picking up Dmc.. The best Hd collection is still MGS.

[/quote]

Fixed that for you.