Sid Meier's Pirates! Downloaded XBOX original won't play!

I just paid for and downloaded the On Demand version of the XBOX orginal Sid Meier's Pirates! from the Live Marketplace and when I go to play the game the system says "Game Error: The game couldn't start. Try downloading the game again." I have the most recent system updates, a XBOX 360 Elite with a 250 GB HDD and tried deleting and re-downloading, clearing the system cache and nothing seems to help. If I can't find a way to get the game working is there a way to get a refund? I just wanna have some nostalgic swashbuckling fun!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 107 Applies to:

Did the hard drive come with the console or was it purchased separately? Have you tried playing any other original Xbox games?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I remember playing this game, and it was really fun!

Sorry this is happening.

Did you download the game under the gamertag you're trying to start it on? If not, then you might need to license transfer. Here's the LT FAQ: support.xbox.com/.../download-content

Sorry this didn't help.

My hard drive was bought separately from the console but at the same time and has been installed in the console from day one. And I haven only ever used my one gamertag/acct for XBOX live content. I have successfuly played some on disc original XBOX titles on my current console.

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay this may work for you. Go into your system settings and find system items under storage. Delete your system cache through there. Then go to Games under storage and delete all items for the game minus saved games. Clear your system cache three more times and restart your counsule. Then redownload the game through your downloaded history under account management. Hopefully this works for you ^_^

Sorry this didn't help.

If that doesn't work, then it could be a problem with the system update,  you can remove part of the update and redownload it, sometimes it fixes the issue you're having. To do this, just go to settings - System - Storage, then with the controller press LB - RB - X - LB  - RB - X, then follow the prompts from there.

Xbox Ambassador.

Sorry this didn't help.