Should I buy this game?

I'm pretty picky when it comes to racing games, but this one seems to have the same few features I like. Its not so much a simulation, a lot of cars and free roaming. I really enjoyed Midnight Club: LA and Test Drive Unlimited (the first one). Should I buy this game?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Honestly, I'd wait a couple days for NFS:MW and make your decision then.

[quote user="Trippul G"]

Honestly, I'd wait a couple days for NFS:MW and make your decision then.

[/quote]

Exactly.  MW2012 comes out tomorrow and if you didnt already know it is pretty much Burnout Paradise 2 with licensed cars and up to 12 players online.  In Horizon you can unlock ALL the roads in about 3 hours.  The map is about 63 sq miles.   Its fun but way too small for an open world game. Horizon is a good rental but I dont feel its worth the $60.00 price tag. Thats coming from a huge Forza fan. 

I would say avoid it - as the poster above said 63sq miles of map is nothing but insulting.. Is 2012 people, the map should have been at least the size of a test drive unlimited map.. It's pathetic really... I unlocked  every road and "upgrade sign" in a few hours on the day of release and was left with nothing to do after that.

I'm getting Most Wanted tomorrow (today now that it's 12:02...) ... it looks to be pretty damn fun, and I hope I get some longevity out of it.

I can see why Forza fans will tell you not to buy the game. I like racing games for what they are and I find this one pretty sweet. Just a step away from being a sim, beautiful visuals and different events to keep me happy. If you want an action game on wheel then I guess NFSMW would be for you.

If NFS an action game on wheels Ill be avoiding that one too :(

I get so pissed off when it's obvious what we all want yet we get given what developers think we want. Its *** ridiculous. No other industry ignores its users more than the video game industry.

Well I have now played Horizon and MW2012.   I had mentioned that the Horizon map seemed a bits small at only 63 sq miles.  Well MW2012 is literally half the size of Horizon at only around 36 sq miles.  I was shocked how small MW2012 is.  Overall I was so excited for MW2012 and really thought it would be the better game but after playing both, I am very disappointed with MW2012. Plus it only has 43 cars.  So if you are on the fence, I would rent both but at this point, Horizon seems to be the better game. Which really surprises me, I though MW2012 was going to be better because I thought it was going to be like Burnout Paradise but its really only a little sample of BP.  IMO Horizon is much better than MW2012.   Its the first time Criterion has disappointed me.

Perhaps the smaller map is why 12 players are available in multiplayer.

[quote user="LegendOfGta"]

Perhaps the smaller map is why 12 players are available in multiplayer.

[/quote]

You are going to like this.   I guess the 12 players that they were marketing for MW2012 was actually ONLY for the PC.  Yeah I wasnt too happy about that to say the least.  Pure BS marketing and false advertisement.  So MW2012 only actually has 8 players online for the 360. Not 12 as advertised in the trailers. 

Wow, just...WOW!