Should I buy BF4?

I know this game has had its laundry list of problems.  I'm wanting to know because I'm upping to an XB1 soon and wanted to know, if the online issues have been fixed dramatically or should I just wait for TITANFALL and not get both.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yes to both of your questions.

Yes you should, it's not 100% fixed yet although get a decent server and you'll be able to play uninterrupted for as long as you like.  IMO as it stands (even with current flaws) it's the best game on X1 by a long way.

Titanfall will suck...that is all

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrh0ypL-1IM]  ---Ill play the Titanfall open beta and decide for myself, thank.

Titanfall is nothing more then COD with kills streaks of mechs.  I had high hopes for it.  But not now.  All the good stuff delayed.

Thank you everyone for the information.

Don't dog TITANFALL before it drops.  You haven't played it yet so you can't weigh in on it.  Giving a game crap, without playing it, is what CoD players do.  Examples being they hate BF yet have never experience gameplay without killstreaks or perks.  They hate Halo where 360 degrees is the range of battle.

Don't be like a CoD player.  Play first. Judge after.

I think I'll "dog' whatever I feel like .....I, like most here have seen EA in action a few too many times...they're track record sucks, as they say "you can't spell chEAp with out EA"....they're gonna release a marginally playable MP game, then patch the living crap out of it...and some of those "fixes" will break it even more ....the game looks cool, I'll give it that, but then this is a mid-late winter release, that special time of year when game developers intentionally release their mediocre titles ....like Lost Planet or Bullet Witch for example ....not judging, just making an educated guess

Parallax that is just dumb.  Mid-late winter does not mean it will be mediocre.  All seasons have their bads.  Despite its ending, which I still liked,  Mass Effect 3 came out in March.  So did the revamp of Tomb Raider and Gears: Judgment.  Plus, we got big name games coming too like Dark Souls II, Infamous, MGSV, and hopefully still for 4 Mar 14 South Park.  So right there is a quite a few reasons why your presumptions are a foot-in-mouth scenario.

I think Parallax makes a good point that can't really be ignored, with the time of year of the release and published by EA it'd take a small miracle to release a 'game changer' - as touted by promoters.  There's also a certain irony in saying don't be like a CoD player, when Titanfall is developed by the people who brought us the original Call of Duty series.  They're now the ONLY reason I will buy Titanfall - I hope it'll be as good as the change from WW2 to Modern Warfare (this being the change to future warfare I expect they wanted after COD4), although so many years have passed I honestly doubt it'll have the same impact.

[quote user="Capt Yesterday"]

Thank you everyone for the information.

Don't dog TITANFALL before it drops.  You haven't played it yet so you can't weigh in on it.  Giving a game crap, without playing it, is what CoD players do.  Examples being they hate BF yet have never experience gameplay without killstreaks or perks.  They hate Halo where 360 degrees is the range of battle.

Don't be like a CoD player.  Play first. Judge after.

[/quote]

To each their own.  I gamed long enough to know better now.  Heck COD been a rip off since COD4. BF sucked after BC2.  Its pretty obvious Titanfall is COD with mechs as kill streaks.  Yeah I give  cough Infinity Ward cough I mean Respawn credit to changing it up and trying something kinda new though.  Just like Dice making a Star Wars game.  I'm sure that game will be broken as well but everyone will be gullible and get it since it be a change of scenery.  Look at all the gullible people that broke down and got BF4.  Like I said before the BF4 beta.  I'll wait and get it on next generation after the game is a year old and $40 new and labeled Premium edition.  Still gonna hold my word on that one.  But a year from now BF4 weapons be so nerfed I probably hate it first day.  I hated the beta.  Grenades the size of pineapples.