Shivering Isles Problem

Ok I rented the shivering isles and KOT9 expansion disk from my local library and I installed everything. Now I cant play it. I have since had to take it back. I have since learned that I need a patch upgrade and I dont have Xbox live. Is it possible to put that patch onto a usb like you can with  normal system upgrades. And if so will I need that game disk or can I just run the update?

Thanks In Advance.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

I don't know about a patch but is this what you have done?.

1, Install it on your hard disc.
2, Then put Oblivion in and play your existing saved game. (Forward time 24 hours) speak to people and you should have some new quests.
3, Look at your journal and go to all the quest locations, you will see its a big gate with 2 people outside watching it.

There is not no special way to start the game, or options you need to press to load it up, it just adds it to your game.
If this is what you have done apologies, just wanted to make sure because I played shivering isles just fine long before I joined LIVE & did not need a patch.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I did all that. I looked it up online and there is a patch that the game needs. And i know that patch does not work because I dont normally duplicate but i tried duplicating with arrows and it worked. The patch was supposed to fix that problem.. And I am not sure why it worked for you. But I waited for almost a week in game by resting waiting and actual play time and still nothing...... So i am not sure.. But if anyone knows how to get that patch onto a usb it would be very much appreciated.

Sorry this didn't help.

Is there really no support from administrators here. When I pay 300 dollars for a system I expect more help than this. No wonder no one is buying xbox's anymore. The support sucks. This should be an easy question for Microsoft.

Sorry this didn't help.

If you need a Title Update for a game, you would need to connect your console to LIVE to download it. There is no way to download this to a USB device I'm afraid.

Sorry this didn't help.