Share YOUR tips

Hi feel free to share any tips or tricks you have learned.

No spoilers please

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

don't go after giants, or at least save before. apparently they're alot tougher than even dragons.

Do at least Act 1 of the Main Quest early as there's shout rewards. Then you can go off wandering for as long as you want. Tip straight from the guide.

And if it's not known already, resting actually does something in this game unlike Oblivion. You get 8 hrs odd of performance boost, don't know yet if more or less rest = more or less boost so experiment. But get some kip when you can.

Just for laughs - when in 3rd person view, slow down your walk. You can go right down to super slow-mo for when you want to make those Hollywood entrances into a room.

Looks greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeat!

At least Act 1?

How many missions/quests is that?

The start (compulsary) and then 5 more in Act I

Here's what the guide says - "blah blah blah.. it is recommended that you complete most of the first act sooner rather than later, as you're rewarded with several important powers (inc Shouts)... blah, blah, blah"

Also notes "you are free to continue or ignore the Main Quest whenever you wish"

My tips:

• Play as an Argonian or Khajiit
  • Save often
  • Don't attack mammoths or giants until level 10+
  • Advanced smithing + advanced enchanting = Pure ownage

Stay away from frost trolls they have serious issues

any1 hav any tips on how to remove arrows from your body?

Just press back n wait an hour that should remove them

For the budding Archery enthusiast who is okay with abusing exploits:

You can recruit a companion named Faendol very early in the game. He is also an archery trainer. You can pay him for archery training, then talk to him and choose the dialogue option that allows you to trade items with him, and take your money right back from him. I'm unsure how high he can train you because I don't abuse exploits, but there it is.