Shadowrun MMO Announced.

Source: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/10/13/shadowrun-online-announced.aspx

Speaking of Shadowrun, do people still play the original on Xbox 360? :o

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Why don't everyone here just pop in your 360 shadowrun and play.  You can always find several matches.  It isn't dead and it's still fun.

Maybe they're afraid to get pwned?

well if you want to get technical the first Shadowrun game was a pen and paper RPG. I was just referencing the 360 version as it is the one know to most of the people on this forum. I wonder how many people there will be to play with or if it will be single player only.

[quote user="KIDDETH"]

the first game was good and fun but not really a Shadowrun game, just based off of a few ideas from the Shadowrun universe. kind of like a bad movie adaptation of a good book.

[/quote]

Partly correct. It is not however the first Shadowrun game.

[quote]

Video games

Four video games have been developed based on the Shadowrun franchise; the first in 1993 was an action RPG titled Shadowrun developed by Australian software company Beam Software (now Melbourne House) for the SNES console. The second also titled Shadowrun, was for the Mega Drive in 1994 developed by US company BlueSky Software. The third game was an interactive fiction adventure game developed by Japanese company Group SNE in 1996 for the Sega CD console, again titled Shadowrun. A fourth game for the PC, titled Shadowrun: Assassin, was to be released in 1998 by US company FASA Interactive. However, the game was cancelled.[10]

The fourth and latest game released is a first-person shooter for the Xbox 360 and Windows Vista and is titled Shadowrun. It was developed by FASA Interactive, owned by Microsoft Corporation, which also produced the title. This latest title is the very first game that allows cross-platform play between Xbox 360 and Windows Vista users on the Live for Windows service. Despite sharing the same name as the RPG, the video game has sizable differences from it; as the publishers of the Shadowrun role-playing game stated at the time of the video game's release: "Microsoft rewrote the timeline and setting for this game, so it is not in continuity with the tabletop RPG. It may be more accurately described as a game loosely based on Shadowrun."

In September 2007 Microsoft closed FASA Studios (and the FPS official forum), and licensed the Shadowrun electronic entertainment rights to Smith & Tinker, a company owned by Jordan Weisman, one of the original creators of Shadowrun. Details at Smith & Tinker's website [1] hint at the development of an MMO.[11]

[/quote]

Well, I'll watch for the new game, I might even try it, but I'm no fan of the style of looking down on my avatar like an old school console game.

I will however, keep playing my beloved Shadowrun FPS, because it' IS that good.  It is still my number one played game, and will be so long as I'm able to find people to play with.

Sure I like the Shadowrun Universe, and sure the FPS we play did little more than borrow from that universe, but let's not forget that the FASA was shut down before we got any of the things that were supposed to be coming that would have greatly expanded on that universe.

There was to be a single player campaign that would lead up to the events in the multiplayer part of the game, there was to be a level editor for the PC, and I don't doubt that I recall hearing something about other DLC for it too.

But it doesn't matter, because it will neevr happen now sadly.

It still is the best multiplayer game out there in my personal opinion, and for that I'm greatful, broke and unfinished as it may be, I still love it.

DrinkUpMeHeartiesYoHo

A1, you should read/re-read the article.

I will have to wait until more information comes out before i decide whether i will play this game or not.

[quote user="xEnvoy of Chaos"]

"Its nothing like the Xbox game"

Welp, Im not interested. The FPS/TPS they made for 360/PC was amazing, I still don't get how it never caught on.

[/quote]

Welp, Im not interested. The FPS/TPS they made for 360/PC was amazing, I still don't get how it never caught on.

[quote user="xEnvoy of Chaos"]

[/quote]

Because most people have bad taste in games?

This new game looks cool but it might fail like the majority of browser games. Wait and see.