Shadowmere Dead

Okay i fell from a great hight killing shadowmere but not myself any way to bring her back

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I heard that the only way is reloading a previous save. Try going to the dark brotherhood into that puddle of black tar where you first got her.

Same thing happened to me, haven't seen him yet.

Shadowmere seems to come back from the dead randomly and will get lost in Skyrim while trying to find you or will end up at one of the many Stables around Skyrim.  This horse is bugged, lol.

OR3GONIZ3D Just like in Oblivion. That horse is so glitched in both games LOL

Shadowmere has never left me. He may be a little ways down the road grazing, but he's always there when I fast travel.

Shadowmere is a she

Actually its a he. Astrid even called it a he in-game. Get your facts straight home slice. I too lost Shadowmere. Last I saw him was when a dragon attacked. And he survived the fight. When I fast traveled, he wasn't next to me. He probably got lost, again.

I have found that Shadowmere does get lost occasionally and even though he can be killed, he will come back to life.  I think you have to wait a certain number of days/hours in game before he will come back to life though.  I have had Shadowmere killed numerous times but he always comes back to life and will meet me when I exit a dungeonor be hanging out at a random stable.

I just tested this i went back to where he/she died and there shadowmere was killing some wolves

[quote user="Legion64"]

Actually its a he. Astrid even called it a he in-game. Get your facts straight home slice. I too lost Shadowmere. Last I saw him was when a dragon attacked. And he survived the fight. When I fast traveled, he wasn't next to me. He probably got lost, again.

[/quote] Could be an it, I mean its a undead animal that rises out of a puddle of black goo/tar.