Server idea going backward

10 year ago you could host your own server for free if you had a good enough connection on the original Xbox on games like Wolfenstein. So why is it now a decade later that feature that used to be standard (and free) is now such a big woo haa? Yet again we get less for our money and are expected to pay for something that you should be able to do anyway!!! Golden goose is dying.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

because with BF3 you pay a server hosting company to host the server for you. you can pay to host the bf 3 server, turn off your internet and people will still play...

Whats a server cost? Just divide it by 24 and play all day on your own server for like 2 bucks, eh?

lol. BF3 sucks, why pay extra for your own server of suck. no one should bother playing the garbage that BF3 is. Don't rent servers, don't buy the DLC and don't buy any thing from DICE again.

Vegas, if you don't like the game then don't play it, no use crying over spilt milk. If you haven't noticed the minority of people are playing BC2 and the majority is playing BF3. That's how it works, things change and the ones who can't (I hate to say it) adapt either move on or cry over the change. You my friend are the latter.

EA will try and get away with saving every last penny they can at our expense. Consumers are too needy and stupid to realize they have all the power.

There were hardly any good working DICE servers anyway now its all garbage 500% tickets - Op Metro TWENTY FOUR SEVEN!!!!!!!! who in gods sweet green planet would want to play that all the time, *** off...

Yeah years ago games were $50 but had more replay value and more levels and what not.  Now days $10 more and better graphics but short story mode and lack of maps on multiplayer.

are video games the only industry set up to keep consumers from taking some sort of action for mass dissatisfaction?.....if a movie sucked this bad it's be in the cheap theater pretty quick and on DVD even quicker.....DICE takes a relatively decent game and nearly ruins the online portion....severely hampers it atleast, and the solution is "shut up and take it"?

-

"well don't play it then" seems to be the canned response of the fanbois......hey morons, if I didn't want to play it...I wouldn't be complaining....besides most of us aren't asking DICE to give us something outrageous, ,,,just unscrew a recently implemented screwup or two

[quote user="Chet Boyle"]

Consumers are too needy and stupid to realize they have all the power.

[/quote]

^^Best statement ever...  If we stop buying the games or the DLC that should have been in the game at original purchase, Devs will have no choice but to actually make a game that works and has all the DLC included at purchase.

What's happening now is they throw out a half-finished product, use the consumer as the beta/ stress tester, do some "patches" and charge us for DLC.   Instead of using our dollars to show displeasure with the product, we continue to buy everything they throw at us to keep up with everyone else and come here to complain.   

Not to bring up a long discussion about COD, but COD basically sold the game twice to one peson when MW3 came out.  They sold them the game at $60.00 then sold them COD ELITE for another $50.00, and people bought BOTH?!?!   I don't care what they offered in the ELITE, that is a low point in consumer responsibility.  

You're talking about a peer to peer connection which is different from how BF3's online is setup.