Server browser confirmed

http://twitter.com/#!/Battlefield/status/103862131119767552

Great news for our console BF fans! In today's #GamesCom interviews DICE GM Karl Magnus (@L_Twin) confirms console server browser in #BF3.

We all happy now? lol

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I saw this post over at the ea forums.  Great to hear.

This is some of the best news I have heard yet about this game console wise.  I hate the "quick match" option that just throws you randomly into a game.

Fantastic!!

Good good.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

Great find Sam..

I wonder if we can rent/borrow our own servers now too.. For clan matches or whatever..

Great News, this as been needed for a while now.

I just hope it works out, I mean the good thing with the quick match was that you can always find full lobbies. I hope having server browser does'nt mean there will be countless lobbies with only a few people playing, and not filling up till mid game.

I hate that crap, Match making is a much better system then browsing for servers. Having to browse for servers is a step backwards in my opinion, Hell even epic learned to go to a match making system with Gears of War 3.

[quote user="FAT N1NJA PANDA"]

I hate that crap, Match making is a much better system then browsing for servers. Having to browse for servers is a step backwards in my opinion, Hell even epic learned to go to a match making system with Gears of War 3.

[/quote]

70% of the console gamers asked for server browser in BF3. About 95% of the PC gamers asked the same.

I think its good, i hope it will be good..

What it means is constantly having to update the game lists because you try to join a game that says 10/12 only to find it is full, so you then have to join a game that says 2/12 and wait for the room to fill up. *** what PC gamers want let them have searching for servers but don't bring that crap to the consoles

They did say quick match is still in the game (of course), so there will be more than enough people who choose that option which means the game will put them in servers where they are needed most.