seriously angry...

right now im going to go on a bit of a rant so please bear with me, i am currently on my seventh xbox 360, yes count them 7! all of which have broke ive not had a console last longer than 6 months that i can recall, my current xbox (elite) is now experiencing the same problem as which my last xbox died of it refuses to play games an as soon as i switch it on it makes 2 loud skipping sounds and then just goes quiet. ive had this console for about 2-3 months and this started like a month ago! but i could get it working by hitting the top of the console in a specific spot but now it seems to have given up completly. ive never been so angry at a company in my life. i just tryed to book it in for repair and apparently its not eligible (probably because i bought this console used surprisingly i cant afford to buy a brand new console every few months) the charge for repair is £62 plus tax for that price i can just go and buy a new console :/ and quite frankly i refuse to buy console number 8. this is the most ridiculous charade ive ever experienced. so today is the day i wave goodbye to xbox and next time i think im goin to buy a ps3. i have a ps1 thats been with me since like the early 90s my sister plays it a lot and never a single problem (my sisters bf lives with us he has a ps2 tht hes had about 10 years of which he plays it to death and again not a single problem) it pains me to say it because i love xbox live and microsoft in general but my respect for them now is pratically non-existent. sad times

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm sorry you are having this issue. If you buy the console used, you should try getting it replaced from the retailer. Also, most retailers who sell used consoles offer extended warranties to make up for there most likely not being any manufacturer warranty left.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

for some reason it signed me in with the wrong gamertag as u can see this has now been fixed, i cant take it back to the shop this is quite hard to explain, when my last xbox broke it was in warranty at the shop but  i lost my reciept so took it to an xbox repair centre where he couldnt fix it but said he would sell me another console instead if i wanted to buy it so i did. this shop has now shut down so it looks like im pretty much screwed

Sorry this didn't help.

You should be aware that the only authorized repair center for the Xbox 360 console is through Microsoft themselves. The use of any other repair center could potentially leave your console subject to a permanent ban from XBL.

Sorry this didn't help.

excuse me for not wanting to pay more than a new console and wait a month for repair.. surprisingly i cant afford to keep blowing money on shoddy consoles

Sorry this didn't help.

Not to slight you but have you considered that how you are treating the console has something to do with you having needed to buy seven of them. Is there enough air flow? Do you take regular breaks?

Sorry this didn't help.

Doing self repairs will make you spend more money than you really need to once you get that console banned from XBL. How does that help your situation any in regards to money?

From now on when your console needs repair and you plan to use it on XBL call support in your region and set up a repair. Otherwise you will continue getting console banned for unauthorized repairs should you do it yourself or use a third party repair center.

If you feel the Xbox 360 console is not worth the money then stop buying them and go elsewhere as there are other alternatives out on the market. And no one is forcing anyone to use a product or service they feel is not worth their money or that they do not like. Gaming is a choice, not a necessity.

Sorry this didn't help.

@vote, ive always treated my xboxs like there in intensive care, and i dont really play it often at all (though admitedly when i do it is usually for a  quite a few hours but not longer than any other avid gamer) trust me the way i treat my xbox has nothin 2 do with it.

@temhotabot, ive never tryed to "self repair a console" :/ i took it to a proper computer repair shop tbh it mite ave even been microsoft certified but tht was the least of my concerns i dont play it by the book when ive been screwed over so many times, and i dont know but you seem to have trouble understanding english maybe you should actually pay attention to a post before you respond, and as i said i am going elsewhere

Sorry this didn't help.

no

the ONLY repair center authorized is the ms xbox repair center which can only be reached by sending the console in for repair

no other shops are authorized

you fill out an xbox repair order online at xbox.com or call your support in your region

Sorry this didn't help.

well fine. $100 for a repair plus a 1 month wait is an absolute joke

Sorry this didn't help.

Not to start an argument here but everyone else seems to have missed the most important part of your rant.  You say you treat your (used) xbox's like they are in intensive care.  However, in your original post you said that if it stops working you hit it.  Have you stopped to consider that such rough treatment is the reason the consoles are breaking down on you?

Also, be aware that after purchasing 7 xbox's (which is more expensive than buying new) that break down after only 6 months you could have had warranty repairs for free several times over.

Sorry this didn't help.