serious spoilers. do not open unless you've finished the story! just want to discuss where the game is headed

So i've just finished the campaign, and I just had to start a conversation about where the game developers decided to take the story line... I'll be honest. the first time the joker is shown "dead" at the Steel Mill i knew there couldn't be any way they would kill him off that quickly. Right then he pounces on you and the main plot unfolds, que sigh of relief. I also have to admit that the twist with Clay Face was a big surprise to me, but it was cool how they hinted at it in a few cut scenes. 

my biggest problem with the story is why didnt the Joker just take the cure earlier if Harley had successfully stolen it from Freeze back at his lab... I also dont know what to make of the ending, where the joker brings about his own demise by attacking batman, thus destroying the only sample of the cure. Did they really just kill the Joker? The lazarus pit was destroyed earlier so I'm assuming he can't be brought back with that. Same with Talia, who gets kinda owned only moments earlier. which actually brings about a third question that comes to mind.. What the hell is going to happen to the rest of the people of Gotham that were infected with the Jokers blood??

I guess right now I'm assuming all will be answered in the next game... but... considering the epic journey, the ending leaves me somewhat unfulfilled. If not for the morbid theme of how it's all wrapped up, but I just think the weight of killing off someone like The Joker (and even Talia).. its a bit heavy. 

Anyway, thoughts? 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Oh Joker, he so crazy...

Did u miss the part where Harley Quinn is pregnant with Joker's baby ?

yea i saw something about that earlier.. A pregnancy test on the counter in his office or something. Didn't see anything else in the game regarding that though..

Well Batman got his cure from Alfred, and they distributing it out to all the hospitals.  So the general public should be safe, and Harley being pregnant offers a twist, but not sure how that will continue the plot much.  I don't think they are going to push the next game out 20 years for the son of Joker to be old enough to unleash mayhem.  I do think there needs to be a moment of silence for the greatest villain in history, who was cool enough to laugh at his own death and die with a big ol' smile on his face.  Seriously great moment by Joker at the end, "Come on Bats.  I poisoned you, killed your girlfriend and caused all this and you know your still gonna save me. So hand it over already." Incredibly great ending for the Joker, but sad to see him go.

Batman did not get the cure from Alfred, it was just mind control by the Mad Hatter. Why do you think he is still sick the rest of the game and then drinks the cure after fighting Clay Face. Did you miss ALL of that? WOW!

Did anyone catch the part where the thugs said there were two Jokers and the other said what makes you think there aren't three?

PS: I like how Two Face was at the beginning and then disappears the rest of the game. I guess we know what 3 will be about as well as Hush and a few others.

The Joker never took the cure because he never got it. Talia stole it from Harley before she could give it to him, that's why she is duct taped to a pole in the steel mill.

Two-Face gets delt with when youre playing as Catwoman.

Oh, and when Harley stole the cure, Talia tied her up, and stole it back, which is why you find Harley tied up in the Mill.

I think the cure may have been real, but Mad Hatter got to the pod first, and swapped out the cure with his "Tea", so, the people of Gotham might've been saved.

But, thats just specualtion, Im not sure.

Im more concerned about what Azrael said.

@ Fifth C0lumnist: During the ending credits, you have Harley singing to a baby, and her promising to kill the whole damn world.

It's the boat that had the hackable door that I'm more interested with. I wonder if Scarecrow is going to play a larger part in the next game, and what about those 3 cryptographic sequencer frequencies with the hidden messages about "being the savior of Gotham", and "returning". Those codes seem to be hinting at Red Hood [Jason Todd version].

Overall the main story was kind of short in my opinion. I would have like to see more stuff unfold but it was still a great story. Nice twist to the ending.

[quote user="BKVegeta"]

@ Fifth C0lumnist: During the ending credits, you have Harley singing to a baby, and her promising to kill the whole damn world.

It's the boat that had the hackable door that I'm more interested with. I wonder if Scarecrow is going to play a larger part in the next game, and what about those 3 cryptographic sequencer frequencies with the hidden messages about "being the savior of Gotham", and "returning". Those codes seem to be hinting at Red Hood [Jason Todd version].

[/quote]

I just finished the game and watched the end credits and all I heard was Joker singing Harley never sang maybe I missed something during the game that unlocks that during the credits.