Serious Question Regarding Upcoming Update...

I read some of the posts & what not about this update & one of the things that really stuck out was the improved Clay generation...

My question is, after the update, will that " Updated Clay" be added to my already created world?  Or will I have to generate a new one?  

Or is this even a question that can be answered?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Fairly certain you'll need to create a new world, but I don't exactly know. From what I've read, any new update including new items, you need to make a new world for the update to take effect on that world. Otherwise, you're stuck pre-update in your old one. I don't know for certain, but that's the way it sounds.

The worlds only generate the chunks you explore though, so if you stay on a certain part of the map then the update will add the clay to the parts you haven't explored yet.

Both answers sort of contradict each other, so I guess it will be a wait & see kind of thing...

It seems logical enough that this port version of Minecraft creates the world as a large chunk when creating a world as apposed to when it would create smaller chunks as the player traveled.  Unless the world size is created larger, there would most likely be no new clay added.

-

But in all reality, we won't know how the world size situation will be handled, if at all, until they release info on what they plan on doing.

[quote user="MightyLink"]

The worlds only generate the chunks you explore though, so if you stay on a certain part of the map then the update will add the clay to the parts you haven't explored yet.

[/quote]

This is correct.

I was wondering this myself. I don't have anything crazy built in my world but I would hate to have to start over.

I won't start over for clay, but I better be able to make pistons.  

I don't mind not having clay. Nothing I build is in need of it. I better be able to use pistons though!

Pistons will work in your old worlds, without a doubt. The only things that might need new worlds are naturally occuring blocks like clay. Your world is already generated, so it can't just be added in.

That is unless the update expands the world farther than 1024x1024 - that would mean clay could generate in the new areas, leaving your current one untouched!

Hopefully that's the route they take Mr. Xbob.  If the update doesn't come out for say... another month, a lot of people won't be happy about having to scrap their world just so they can make bricks. Surely they'll try and incorporate a way to get clay in the current worlds, if they can.