Serious Problem with Dragonborn -- Black Book "Sallow Regent"

After completing this task and returning to Solstheim, the Sallow Regent sound effects (endless crackling, static noise) won't turn off.  I figured it was a glitch, so I went to a previous save and replayed the Black Book Sallow Regent task. Returned to Solstheim, still have the noise. Tried sleeping, fast travel, checking for active effects, etc., can't get rid of the noise. Frankly, it ruins the whole ambiance of the game. I'll have to restart from that previous save and skip this Black Book task, maybe do it last.  Has anyone else run into this problem? Sallow Regent was my 3rd black book, don't know if sequence matters.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Yeah, I had that as well. A little nasty bug there. What I did to "fix" it was to Save and then Load a prior Save (before the noise bug) and then Load the current Save again (after the Book). It cleared it up.

Sorry about the double post, but there IS a fix. I saved my last game (WITH the noise) and shut down my XBox360. Upon starting up about an hour later, and resuming that saved game, the noise was gone. Go figure.  .

Yes mine did the same but went away thankfully.good luck.

What I did was simply save my game, then load up that save. Cleared up for me. Hope it works for you. Good luck.

That took care of it. Thanks

I thought it was part of the game to slowly drive you insane until you finished the whole quest line.

Is there a fix to the draining health because I pretty much deleted all of my saves to leave more room .

What's your "draining health" situation?

The draining health in a couple of the book realms. That's part of the challenge, to survive getting through. The light is the safe points, and make sure you use healing a lot.

Or simply cast Candlelight. It protects you from Damage in the darkness.