serious lag

I am getting serious lag all over the place not only on bf3 but on bfbc2 and i have a very strong connection i have a 24mbs downstream and 3mbs upstream and 31 ping and still i am having issues. I have tried unplugging my router and that didnt work and the only way it works is if i plug in directly. and the worst part is there is no way for me to hardwire this connection in my house mainly because someone in my family wont let me

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

31 ping, 24 down, 3 up? Lol, that's poor, I beat that and I still disconnect from LIVE like a boss.

There are few servers up so you could be getting connected to other regions on that game. The fact that that game was almost always at least a bit laggy doesn't help.

[quote user="Zehq"]

31 ping, 24 down, 3 up? Lol, that's poor, I beat that and I still disconnect from LIVE like a boss.

[/quote]

That is not poor, 

Low ping = good
24Mb down = about average.  You could download one of the BF3 updates in 20 minutes with that.  Some people have slower connections than that because they live in the countryside and can't access the super fast land lines.

Ah saying "poor" doesn't mean it's actually poor, it can, but usually just means average. BTW, I live in the country. :P

Sounds to me like you are connecting wirelessly to the internet with your Xbox. I'd bet that this is where you are experiencing problems. Gaming over a wireless connection is always iffy at best and should be avoided. Your bottleneck is going to be the wireless signal, no matter how fast your actual connection is you are going to be limited by the wireless throughput.

Hardwiring your connection for your console is always preferable for gaming for this exact reason.

One thing you could do is get a wifi analyzer and see if you have alot of interference on the channel your router is operating and check if your signal strength is abnormally low.

I find on weekends if I try and play before 2pm CST, I end up with a lot of Asians in American servers.

[quote user="NerveHammer"]

Sounds to me like you are connecting wirelessly to the internet with your Xbox. I'd bet that this is where you are experiencing problems. Gaming over a wireless connection is always iffy at best and should be avoided. Your bottleneck is going to be the wireless signal, no matter how fast your actual connection is you are going to be limited by the wireless throughput.

Hardwiring your connection for your console is always preferable for gaming for this exact reason.

One thing you could do is get a wifi analyzer and see if you have alot of interference on the channel your router is operating and check if your signal strength is abnormally low.

[/quote]

Well since he only mentioned BF3 and BFBC2, I would say it's the EA servers.

But Asians are good at everything.

[quote user="Zehq"]

Ah saying "poor" doesn't mean it's actually poor, it can, but usually just means average. BTW, I live in the country. :P

[/quote]

You say some stupid sheet, kid.

Lol im pretty sure zeck just tries to use australian culture as a cover anytime he says anything stupid.  Oh uh well um poor actually means average and uh our toilets flush backwards and stuff.  Dude we know when you say poor that you mean poor