Serious Blu-ray Player App Issues

There are two huge issues with the Blu-ray Player app:

1. lip-sync issues when the console is set to 24Hz Blu-ray Video Playback.
  2. No HDMI audio pass-through to receiver.

The lip-sync issue is quite bad.  If I disable the "24Hz Video Playback" in the console System Settings, lip-sync is fine.  My HDTV supports 24Hz video, and I expect the Xbox One to properly support this.  I have a Pioneer VSX-32 which supports 24Hz HDMI, and decodes all HD audio codecs (DTS-MA, Dolby TrueHD, etc.)  In order for the Blu-ray player app to be of any use for me, it must have these two issues fixed.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

There's already another long thread on this... MS is aware and working on it according to support.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, I saw that thread, but I didn't see anyone mention the lack of High Def audio pass through.

Surface Pro 3, Windows Insider Fast Ring
Lumia 640, AT&T US; Windows Insider 10 build 14295

Sorry this didn't help.

Selecting "Uncompressed 5.1" or "Uncompressed 7.1" in the Xbox One settings will mathematically give you the same lossless audio results as long as you are using an AVR with HDMI 1.3a or later spec. The only difference is that the Xbox One is doing the decoding of the audio rather than passing the un-decoded audio steam to your receiver to handle the decoding.

I suppose, theoretically, it could improve the Xbox One's performance because it's not having to use any CPU cycles for the audio decoding. But you're not going to hear any difference as long as you are using and HDMI cable to connect to your AVR.

Sorry this didn't help.

1. There is an other very long thread about this and it would be great if you could add to it pleas as MS have said there are working on it and have said there will check this tread from time to time.

2. www.computerandvideogames.com/.../xbox-one-lacks-optical-dolby-51-post-launch-patch-promised This was a known issue before launch and WILL be fixed at some point

Sorry this didn't help.