(Semi-Spoiler) BioShock Infinite 1999 Mode

If you want to experience BioShock Infinite at its most difficult, you need to play on 1999 Mode. This typically isn't an option on your first playthrough...unless you input a secret code. The best part? You probably already know the code.

Going back to the sensibilities of late-'90s shooters, 1999 Mode makes enemies tougher, resources scarcer, and resurrection more expensive. Normally, this option is unlocked after beating the game once, but if you're a glutton for punishment, you can unlock it right away. Just enter this button sequence at the main menu (with the "Play Game" option at the top):

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, (Cancel), (Confirm)

Yes ... for you Old School Gamers - this code SHOULD look familiar:  It's the Konami Code!!!!  (aside from the last part change)

Now, let's see how many people are CRAZY enough to try it!!!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

I am crazy

I am not!

:D

Canc?

Confirm?

..found:

B

A

guess that mode would be easier with the Premium Edition?

Gear Pack: Start the game with three exclusive Gear power-ups:

Bull Rush: Melee strikes from a sprint have a chance to knock the enemy down.

Extra! Extra!: Audio logs also grant a bounty of "Silver Eagles" - ingame currency.

Betrayer: Killing your possessed enemies causes them to explode in a fireball that deals damage

^^^ probably only slightly easier if any at all.  The main thing about 1999 mode is that it's as much of a challenge managing your credits and resources necessary to purchase upgrades and respawn after you die as it is a challenging "hard" mode.  Enemies do more damage and resources are scarce, so it will be a challenge no matter what perks you have.

wouldnt this one help a lot then?

Extra! Extra!: Audio logs also grant a bounty of "Silver Eagles" - ingame currency

I'm on 1999 mode on my first playthrough. Really fun so far!