selling buying a new xbox questions

First off sorry to post here but can't find the right forum on these new forums. My xbox 360 died the other day. It was my fourth, but lasted since 2007. Anyway I plan on buying a used 360 and need to know a few things. 1. I plan on keeping my original harddrive so if I buy a 360 is it as easy as inserting my harddrive and i'm all set? Do I have to worry about the serial # of the used xbox I buy being banned already from xboxlive? What happens if I buy a system that has ben banned and I go on my live account with it? I owed buy brand new but don't really want to sink another 250 into a game console so far into its cycle. Also thought about the 4gig but I need a large HD which would bring it up to an amount I don't want to pay. Any suggestions?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

If you are going to buy a used console, I would suggest that you buy it from a place like Gamestop. If you get a banned console, there is NOTHING that you can do to get it un-banned. You cannot get on Xbox Live with a banned console, ever. So you would be limited to playing off line only.

[quote user="mmarkwell"]

First off sorry to post here but can't find the right forum on these new forums. My xbox 360 died the other day. It was my fourth, but lasted since 2007. Anyway I plan on buying a used 360 and need to know a few things. 1. I plan on keeping my original harddrive so if I buy a 360 is it as easy as inserting my harddrive and i'm all set? Do I have to worry about the serial # of the used xbox I buy being banned already from xboxlive? What happens if I buy a system that has ben banned and I go on my live account with it? I owed buy brand new but don't really want to sink another 250 into a game console so far into its cycle. Also thought about the 4gig but I need a large HD which would bring it up to an amount I don't want to pay. Any suggestions?

[/quote]

1st off i would avoid buying used xbox's. but if theres no other way than getting a used one it can be easy as inserting your hard drive on a pre-slim console but if you are looking for a slim, you will need a new hard drive and either a transfer kit or a external hard drive. it depends on where and *IF* its perma-banned, if its on a website like amazon, theres a buyers protection that you can get your money back from a false ad on a website like that but i dont know much about that unfortunately. i would suggest you go with a 250 gig slim, i know you said you dont want to waste more money into this console but it will probably last you up until the end of the 360's life cycle.

1. Yes you'd be all set with keeping your original hardrive.

2. If you buy a console which has been banned then your account will be okay because the system won't be able to connect to LIVE to begin with.

Although as others have suggested I would also recommend a new slim and a transfer cable to avoid all possibilities of errors the used system you buy could possible have, plus the quality of the slim-lines greatly outweighs that of the original models.