DICE posted a selection of changes they have made from the Battlefield 3 beta to
the final game. Keep in mind this is only a selection and not a complete
The amounts of people flocking to our Open Beta is fantastic! We are
happy to see so many players enjoy this Open Beta, and giving us their valuable
feedback on the experience on the Battlelog forums.
This blog post is the first in a series of posts that will outline some
of the changes we are making in the final game thanks to your feedback and
participation in the Open
Come back regularly and stay tuned to the Battlelog forums
and the News section
in Battlelog for daily news and updates from DICE on how your playing
the Open Beta is helping us make the final game better.
A SELECTION OF
CHANGES FROM OPEN BETA TO FINAL, PART 1
(Not a complete list – for up to
date news, visit the
News section in Battlelog)
- Fixed occasional client crash when reviving.
- Fixed killcam showing glitched area under map if your killer is dead.
- Issue with spawning on dead squad mates fixed.
- Fixed a bug where shooting at a moving enemy could cause more than the
intended amount of damage.
- Crosshairs for shotguns have been replaced with a new, thinner, art.
- A subtle low health screen effect has been added.
- Tweaked scores of Medals and Service Stars.
- Tweaked the Rank progression.
- Pushing prone on console will not play the animation twice.
- Fixed loss of Squad Leader after EOR at some times.
- Framerate stability fixes.
- The 3D spotting icons has been tweaked to better match the target’s
visibility. Icons will show frequently less on mostly obscured targets.
- Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after round transition.
- Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after trying to deploy while the
countdown timer still active.
- Squad list now shows specializations chosen, VOIP activity and dead squad
- Non working options in squad menu fixed: "Private" flag and "Switch