Select source menu doesn't show my pc

Hello,

My issue contains the following problem: I can't connect my pc to the select source menu of my Xbox 360, however I allowed connection of Xbox 360 on my pc. Somehow it already made connection with my parent's pc, but not mine. :S

Can anyone explain me how to connect my pc to my Xbox 360? I don't think it's my pc which has to be configured, instead I think my Xbox 360 needs to be configured.

If anyone has a clue, I'd be greatfull for any help. 

Reason why I'd like to connect my Xbox 360 to my pc is, because I want to play music and I'm too lazy to add an usb all the time. ;P

This option should be available to me either and would be way easier for me, so if anyone could help, please do so!

Thanks in advance

~Barrosy

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 40 Applies to:

Bump

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Barrosy,

Networking can sometimes get pretty tricky.  I have a few questions:

1. Which OS is on your computer?

2.Can you see your parents computer from your computer and vice versa?

3. What is IP address of your computer (type CMD into the Run... for XP or CMD into the Start box for Windows 7 - a black box will come up, then type ipconfig), your parents computer and your Xbox (System Settings > Network Settings > Configure Network)?

4. Is your computer's firewall set to default settings?

These things will help figure out if your computer is on the same network path as the Xbox and your parents computer.

Sorry this didn't help.

1. My OS is Windows XP;

2. Not sure yet, will try it out later on(, but I don't think so.);

3. My IP address is: 192.168.178.13

4. My firewall settings are as far as I know at default settings

I will take a look for question #2 but hopefully you can help me further!

Thank you for your reply.

Sorry this didn't help.

The one thing that jumps out at me is your IP address.  The first six numbers (192.168) are standard internal IP addresses.  The third set of numbers (178) is unusual - this set is usually a 0 or a 1.  The last number is unique number for your computer on the network.  Unless your Xbox is also 192.168.178.x (where "x" can be any number) then it wouldn't be able to see your computer on the network.

I would suggest that you set your computer's IP address to be "Obtained Automatically".

1.Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2.Right-click the network connection that you want to configure, and then click Properties.

3.On the General tab (for a local area connection), or the Networking tab (for all other connections), click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), and then click Properties.

4. Click Obtain IP address automatically (And the second option of Obtain DNS Automatically)

If you let it find the IP address automatically it will figure out what that third set of numbers is.

Like I said I find it odd that the third set of numbers is set to 178.  I would also be concerned of malware infecting your computer as well.  To do a good scan of your system I'd use Malwarebytes (www.malwarebytes.org).

Sorry this didn't help.

Hehe, no it's a new IP adress which is configured as standard by Ziggo users (IPS here in Holland). The old version of the Ziggo router would automatically work with 192.168.0.X or something that way, but since we ordered a new package, it has always been 192.168.178.X. I'm not sure that that's what is causing my problem and I definetely don't have virus, since I already scanned it like 2 days before posting (freaking 5 hour scan) and I didn't notice anything about a virus. If that would be the case, I'd already notice. I could try that network part which u recommended above, but my hopes are low. The second part about malware, I'm sure it's not that which is causing my problem. But thanks anyways for your help and I'm going to try the first part out. If it won't work or if it does, I'll make another post.

Really thanks for your help. ;)

Sorry this didn't help.