Sega Games (Sonic, Sonic 2, Streets Of Rage 2) that always appear as "trial game" even if I payed full version

Hi,

I bought Sonic, Sonic 2 and Streets Of Rage 2 from marketplace with my old, now broken, console.

Yesterday I bought a new Xbox Slim, and I started to download again old games such as Castlevania, Castle Crashers etc, that I owned with old Xbox; they all work fine, except for the Sega Titles, that appear to be "trial version" of games, even if I purchased with Microsoft Points full version for each game.

I tried to unlock full game, and the console recognizes that I purchased a full version, but still when I start to play, the message says that what I'm playing is trial version.

The question is: how can I get full version again?

Thanks a lot.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

So the console says "download again", and not a price?

I'd suggest downloading them again, and if that doesn't work, try a license transfer from the old xbox to the new.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Since you got a new console, you'll need to do a license transfer. http://xbox.com/drm

Sorry this didn't help.

As Smwutches points out, DRM transfer will fix the problem. But if you can't/don't want to do that:

For Sega titles, try this:

--- It's a known problem on the Sega titles. At least, the older ones. If you don't want to (or can't - maybe you already did it in the past 120 days) transfer the license, you can do the following:

1) Launch the game (using the account which purchased the game).

2) From the in-game menu, choose "unlock full game" (might be slightly different wording).

3) That should bring up a box from the marketplace.

4) It should know that you bought it, and ask if you just want to re-download.

5) Choose "yes".

6) After a few seconds, it should give you a "download complete" - all it did was get a new "key."

7) I think you choose "continue" at that point. In any case, all you want to do is get out of the blue Marketplace box. You do NOT want to exit the entire game.

8) Once you're back at the game's menu, it should allow you to play the full game.

Unfortunately, you have to do that trick *every time* you want to play.

Sorry this didn't help.