seemingly unsolvable problem with console update

hi. I can't install the newest console update by any method. As soon as the system says it is "updating" and the progress bar is at about 70% there is a noise (if installing from the disc), my controller and power button on the system blink, and then the progress bar will eventually freeze, at about 90%. I've tried clearing the system cache, and taking the harddrive out, I recieve no error message, and I've tried installing by all possible methods.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

When I updated it went to about 90% for a long time and seemingly paused but it just took a very long time to move on. Try leaving it run for a while while you do something else.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I just tried to load from disc once again (for like 2 hours) and then it said that my disc is unreadable, error status code 3151-335A-1800-2203-C000-0001. Is this the same as the xxxx-3151-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx code or the xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-C000-0001 code mentioned on support.xbox.com/.../system-update-help ?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm thinking it's the latter: C000-0001. I would agree with the support page that contacting phone support (support.xbox.com/contact-us) is your best bet.

Sorry this didn't help.