Seeking like minded players

I am desperately trying to get back into playing Reach but anyone I did play with months ago either won't respond to my messages or stopped playing all together.  With that said I wish to find certain individuals with whom I can get to know on a friendly/non-competitive level and play Matchmaking in Halo Reach once again.

----------------------

I occasionally jump into Reach and check out the daily challenges every day and seem to always avoid anything involving slayer type Matchmaking where I have to kill a number of players to complete the challenge simply because I dislike random players so much.  I won't bore you with my reasons.

-----------------

I am somewhat strict with whom I play with as I have a hard time making friends as it is and from time to time I wish to win at least ONE game out of a hundred (just being dramatic :P)  I am not the leader type, I follow orders and when I do I do it very well.  Too many times have I played with those who looked to me to lead a team.  I will say this again, I dislike leading.  When I play with a competent person I tend to follow them around, protect them, watch their flank and I have a terrific time doing so.  With that said rarely will I accept anyone under 18 on my friends list.  Most times it's just some kid wanting to make their friends list grow.  Not saying all kids under 18 are bad, there are just quite a few out there >.<

-------------------------

When I play I wish to enjoy my time.  I don't care what type of match I play as long as it's with friends I can enjoy it with and be comfortable around.  I do wish to win and when that is the objective I will give 110% in doing so.  When it's game time I am all business.  Let it be known though that I am a very shy person, even requesting for friends to play games with on these forums is taking alot from me.  So please, if you add me do so with the intention of wanting to make a new friend and be somewhat chatty with me.  Too often will I add someone only to never hear from them.  It's a common habit of the average xbox live player.  I used to play MMO's so I got used to the chattiness and being around a bunch of people.

------------------------

I apologize for the lengthy post, I just wish for readers to know something about me before they make a decision.  Thanks for reading and those who didn't fall asleep during my post please leave a message when you send a friend request letting me know that it is for Halo Reach.  I am a big Halo fan, used to play alot of Halo 3 on my old profile.  I've been playing Halo MP since Combat Evolved years ago.  My playtime is usually from 3 pm till around 3-4 am central time.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

19, highly mature, plays H3 and, with few exceptions, only plays with Kiwis/Aussies.

________

Just reading what you've posted it sounds like you could be a good person to play with. I certainly wouldn't mind, but I prefer local players. In all seriousness, however, I hope you do find someone to play with man : )

Much appreciated Bob, that is all I wish for people to notice.  I just hope I don't scare too many people off with my post.  Sucks we aren't in the same area though, I've noticed alot of Kiwis/Aussies are pretty skilled.  I think I now know why, they stick to playing with one another.  You don't have to deal with very much randomness.

china called and they want their wall back. with that said, feel free to add me, as i am non-competitive.

I'm surprissed Ian hasnt post a link here about you comming to join the FGN :P

~

also you can add me too, any virtual friend of Sion is a virtual friend of mine

~

btw also not a leader here

Im keen as Daldieb, im a Kiwi but play with anyone, any virtual friend of Modest and Sion and Bob, are also virtual friends of mine!

ps, watch out for Sion he does get competitive when it comes to being the best tea bag strainer =P

I really appreciate the friendly support.  Been awhile since I saw that.  With that said friend requests have been sent.  Here's to hoping I can break out of this shell of shyness and fear.

no worries man/dude/kid :P also some other forum members and myself included have this thing we like to call Forum Game Night, where every saturday at 6 PTM (california time) we do some customs on reach and then we go at it on normal MM, deending on how many are in the lobby we go either into invasion or BTB or even team slayer

~

if you're on next sat I will send you the game invite myself

~

random fact about me, I enjoy playing with randoms LoL

[quote user="Daldieb"]

I really appreciate the friendly support.  Been awhile since I saw that.  With that said friend requests have been sent.  Here's to hoping I can break out of this shell of shyness and fear.

[/quote]

It does help having a few friends here and there sometimes, and i know what you mean, if i havent played for ages i strangely get shy or have some fear about playing online, dont know why really, performance anxiety or something stupid like that! 

Annnyyyyway, the moral is have fun, get better, be competitive and contribute and mostly have more fun =)

[quote user="Bogalo"]

[quote user="Daldieb"]

[/quote]

It does help having a few friends here and there sometimes, and i know what you mean, if i havent played for ages i strangely get shy or have some fear about playing online, dont know why really, performance anxiety or something stupid like that! 

Annnyyyyway, the moral is have fun, get better, be competitive and contribute and mostly have more fun =)

[/quote]
what? you, shy? really? thats not what I remember, last time I played with you, Sion and Lotus, I remember you guys all screaming at me LoL 
~
you want to talk about shy, I'm shy, I'm like the rookie from ODST you know, the one who doesnt talk but gets the job done ;) now is one of those times, when it pays to be the strong and silent type 

Ha ha I am, seriously!!! I mean like when i have a drought of not playing because of uni/work, then get back into Reach and wonder if i can still play or not and get shy about it, but normally doesnt take long for the rust to go!

Having said that, you Sion and Lotus are pretty easygoing so its easier not to be shy!