Season Passes lack of backwards compatibility

There seems to be an overall general flaw with the "Introducing Season Pass Guarantee".  So essentially if you purchase a Season Pass for the Xbox 360 and you purchase an X One along with a copy of the same game than you reap the benefit of getting the DLC content through the Season Pass as a bonus to you for upgrading. However what I find troubling is that no one thought about those who have already upgraded systems or those who were so on board with the new console and the games that they purchased their Season Passes for the new console.  Now I am sure I am not the only one out there who owns an Xbox One and has invested in a season pass for one game or another for it but despite the investment in the new consoles are still playing a large amount of their online play on the Xbox 360.  That being said where is my bonus for upgrading?  Why do I not get credit for the season pass on the Xbox 360 when it is purchased for the Xbox One?  Why does my investment in multiple day one consoles mean nothing?  Is it because I have already made the investment and that making content available on both consoles is not required because you already have my money and those who have yet to invest or "upgrade" take a larger importance?  It only seems fair to me that whether purchased on Xbox 360 or the Xbox One the same benefits should be reaped hinging on the fact you have made the investment in multiple copies of the same game across both platforms.  I don't disagree that this is a good promotion providing cross platform passes as incentive, however I do disagree with the fact that if you have already upgraded and have purchased Season content  on the new console you see virtually no benefit and for the time being are better off buying content on the old system rather than the new in order to ensure you receive the full value for your dollar.  In the meantime those who have made the mistake of investing in X One passes like me and are looking to have the DLC on both consoles be prepared to pay twice.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

In the same boat here.  Was wondering the same thing myself.  All my 360 friends that bought the pass for the 360 then upgraded to the One can download the DLC on both systems but the few of us who bought the 360 COD and waited for say the Hardened version for the One with the Seasons Pass are SOL.  Not cool.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.