Search and Destroy Montage

Hey guys, I wanted to share my first Black Ops 2 Montage (which is a Search and Destroy montage). This video is the first on my new channel I started and would like to consistently put out entertaining gaming videos (mainly black ops 2 and Halo4 for now) but it would help if I get a bunch of subscribers to motivate me to put a lot more time into these videos and to upgrade my capture card/ editing system. I will take all suggestions, I am here to learn what you guys want, what you like, don't like, just feel free to tell me anything, even how many times you itch your nose. I will take all helpful information and use it to the best of my ability.

Here is the montage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd39QJYUThk

Read description, like, and subscribe if you like the video I will be putting out more videos more often (not just montages but funny videos as well any ideas are welcome! Can get some of you guys in these videos too potentially) thanks!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

@natural cau5e5 thanks for the tips will definitely take all of that into consideration.

As for all of you saying "stop spinning with the bomb its dumb" the only reason I do that in SnD is because they say the enemy is unable to hear you defusing then. So when you go for ninja defuses it helps significantly and from my experiences it seems to work because when I don't spin the enemy will hear me clear as day and turn and shoot me just a reason on why I spin :).

And Jagriff that was a really entertaining montage I liked the editing and I guess the killfeeds are the most appealing types of footage people like to watch I will have to try to make a normal montage with that type of gameplay.

[quote user="Galactic Geek"]

Jagriff, make another 1 for Black Ops 2! Please!

[/quote]

I have a ton of crappy (and a few good ones) for COD4 if you'd like to see. I highly doubt I will ever be making another one again. Check out the other videos i linked.

[quote user="Galactic Geek"]

Also, it looked kind of funny in some parts, like he was shooting around them a little bit, but still getting hits. Weird... Does he know something that the rest of us don't?

[/quote]

Theater Mode.

It was ok, nothing special. Just keep trying,  if you plan on making money with montages, not the best thing,(but good luck)

I have some tips that might help.

1) Get rid of the dubstep, it makes my ears bleed, it was way to loud and overpowered the video.(try all types of music, and a few songs of each, to see what song best fits your footage)

2) Stop spinning, it's just dumb. a dead monkey can do that.

3) No trick shooting!! period!!! it does not show skill at all, no matter what to think, or any other 1'st grader might think.( It just show how well lag comp, auto aim and dumb hit boxes worked in your favor. also a dead monkey can do it.) Especially if you have a friend on the opposite team standing still, so you can jump off a plane, twirling like a ballerina, just to miss 40 times in a row, then get bored and just to shoot him with your pistol.

4) No picking up the bomb, then dropping it, Rinse and repeat, till 5 secs,  or shoot till 5 secs just to pick the bomb up and defuse.

5) no quick scoping. same as number 3, just shows auto aim, and dumb hit boxes. not to mention it is so crazy over done i would rather listen to CALL ME MAYBE again.

hoped this helped a little.

^^Your seeing the host view. Im pretty sure he is aiming at people, not behind them. Anyways, yeah, hes a slayer.

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iwL_p5aSCU]

-

I had no idea Jagriff had a montage! Watching that I can surmise 2 things about Jag:

1) His connection rocks!

2) He does not miss.

-

In his montage, he even had 1 of my favorite songs: Paint It Black. I 1st heard that song during the credits sequence of Twisted Metal Black & have loved it ever since. :D

-

Jagriff, make another 1 for Black Ops 2! Please!

-

Also, it looked kind of funny in some parts, like he was shooting around them a little bit, but still getting hits. Weird... Does he know something that the rest of us don't?

Haha, yeah.

^^Yup, or in other words, montages were overdone and got old like 7 years ago.

If you want to have credible kills, get them while:

1) Playing for the win (none of this trickshot crap).

2) Playing against good people, perhaps in clan matches or even LP.

If you insist on playing public matches, I've found that people prefer feeds. Here's the last montage I ever made. It doesn't fit the criteria above and is no where near as good as the ones below,but I've found that most people that don't like a bunch of public match trickshots like this.

But honestly, even that won't make me watch it. If I'm ever in the mood to watch some montages, I'll go back and watch some of the classics from COD1, 2, 4, CS, DoD. They all contain clips like linked above, coupled with professional editing.Some links below to 2/4 videos in no particular order:

COD2:

We Are Call of Duty 2

Decerto 2: Face The Pain

Remember The Name

Enervation Emergence (Very unique style)

COD4:

Aurora Borealis

Mazarini And Paradox: Play With Soul

Violet

Jailbait

Stevy: 9 Lives

Carrera Rapida

If you liked some of those, or want to see some of the amazing CS/DoD videos, check out some of the other videos on that website. They are a very high quality video making community.

Thanks Galactic Geek for the input (and yeah I need to embed my video I just assumed it would create the link automatically its been awhile since I was on the forums XD) Alright I am getting good feedback you guys want more legit solid gameplay with the right amount of editing I assume to make the video more appealing.

I do agree that all that quickscoping/360 *** does not provide any measure of skill (not that much at least) and there is a ton of luck involved but I am not looking to prove my skill I just want to entertain people. I am kind of glad you guys arn't fond of the lucky 360 *** because I think they are silly too and rarely even try them but I did get that one to try to better entertain you guys (must have been thinking of that 12 year old target market like someone said above lol)

Awesome your guys suggestions are playing into my strengths and playstyle for the most part and I appreciate any constructive criticism long as you back up why you like or dislike anything. Thanks!  

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd39QJYUThk]

-

^^ Learn how to embed your videos properly. ;)

-

Unlike most people that have replied thus far, I actually liked the montage - it's not great, but I did like it. I also happen to love S&D; it's the only gametype that can teach you how to kill, how to survive, & how to complete an objective while attacking or defending. My advice would be not to do the 360 no-scope/quick-scope, especially in S&D where showing off won't help the team better than practical actions (i.e. JUST SHOOT THE GUY!); in all likelihood, show-boating will just get you killed & lose the game for your team, which won't appreciate that. 360 spins overall are lame & overused by everyone & despite how good you may think you are at it, it is still dependent on a lot of luck more so than anything else (your 720 shotgun final kill cam was proof of that). Try showing something truly awesome, different, or unusual - that's what'll get my attention. For example, the video started off great with the ninja defuses - I haven't seen a lot of that in montage form (although I did get dizzy with the unnecesary spinning). Just my 2 cents. ;D