Screenshots and replay applications

How would you feel about having a screenshot and replay feature (not too disimilar to Halo: Reach) built into the Xbox 360 dashboard? Where no matter what game application you're running you can save screenshots and videos to the Xbox Live cloud and access them later to share with your friends on xbox.com, Facebook, or other forums (alot like Steam offers).

I can think of a few good uses of such features, and am honestly surprised they haven't, or one or the other, been made available as of yet.

With the upcoming release of Youtube, and Bing, along with the cloud being integrated into XBox Live, the reality of such features being possible is now even more likely. So, would you want it? Would you use it? Do you have any other ideas related to the specfic ideas that you feel would go great alongside them?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'd rather have that over any other app 360  currently has.

Especially since it will have some link to gaming.

Not a bad suggestion. I'm sure plenty of people could make use of such a feature; if for no other reason than to show off their 'mad gaming skillz'.

I think it would definitely enhance a player's ability to share tips and tricks with other gamers, and put up video tutorials on how to unlock difficult achievements, etc.

You can buy a capture card device if you want something like that.  

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

You could, but that costs money, and that isn't what this thread is about either. We're well aware of our current options.

And to further back that up (edit limit sorry), why not just use a PC and skype/ventrillo/teamspeak, etc for party chat?

Hell why not just play on PC full stop?

The idea is to bring these features to the system so we can cut out the neccessity of having a PC switched on and paying for extra components.

I would injure people for that feature. I'd be happy with just screenshots. I'm a notorious 'hey look at the cool thing I did/made' person. Most of my shots are from Reach, MC:LA & Forza 3 since they're the ones that built it into the game. I'd love to see more games have that website tie-in on more games.  I wouldn't mind having a capture card, but my pc sucks anyway.

I would like a feature where you can hide ALL channels on the dashboard so theres actually a reason to use wallpaper. OP idea's good but lets start with something simple, plz

Better off waiting until the new update to the dashboard before worrying about wallpaper.

it wasnt wallpaper it was the dashboard channels but ok

My answer still stands.

[quote]I would injure people for that feature. I'd be happy with just screenshots. I'm a notorious 'hey look at the cool thing I did/made' person. Most of my shots are from Reach, MC:LA & Forza 3 since they're the ones that built it into the game. I'd love to see more games have that website tie-in on more games.  I wouldn't mind having a capture card, but my pc sucks anyway.[/quote]

I don't even have space in my PC for a capture card. My heatsink and graphics cards take it all up.