scavenger hunt question

so, im at Finks Factory, fight against the Handyman and accidently used a dollar bill vending machine. realizing seconds later i HAD, I reloaded to last save point. i was back right before the fight, beat him, and am now wondering if im screwed on the achievement now or does going back/reloading checkpoint make it so i never used the machine? realize its early & not many people might know for sure. just trying to decide if i should continue on 1999 without using the Dollar Bill machine and cross my fingers or start over. not sure what to do...

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Appreciate the feedback. I contemplated it for awhile & just decided to startover. I would hate to keep going without getting the achievement and have to do it again. I hate they decided not to let us use save slots in Infinite. Oh well, game is amazing enough I really don't mind. 1999 really isn't that bad anyway, stick to the carbine & hand cannon and use the crows a lot. Hopefully this time I won't make the same mistake.

[quote user="PsychoticRaptor"]

you can open the machine just as long as you don't purchase anything from it, i opened a couple on accident while trying to pick something else up next to the machine, and my achievement popped with no problem, however if you did purchase something, reloading a checkpoint should do the trick, i'm just speculating but i feel confident you'll be ok

[/quote]

That's a relief, I had it in my mind that I would have to read the sign above each before foolishly wildly clicking around it.

I entered one many a time when using possession and trying to pick up the coins and I still got the achievement :)

you can open the machine just as long as you don't purchase anything from it, i opened a couple on accident while trying to pick something else up next to the machine, and my achievement popped with no problem, however if you did purchase something, reloading a checkpoint should do the trick, i'm just speculating but i feel confident you'll be ok