SCAR-H

Holy balls this thing is nasty.  It's like if the MK-48 and AN-94 had a baby.  It's essentially a 3 shot killer at long range.  I decided to give this hybrid AR/LMG a shot last night and finally ended with a class built with Quickdraw, Fast Mags, Flak jacket, Toughness, Scavenger,  Tac Mask and a Betty and a Shock Charge.  I'm about 300 xp from unlocking the silencer for it, so might give that a shot as the iron sights aren't horrid, but the muzzle flash is a little annoying at range.  

-

Any advice from the avid Scar users?  What do you guys like to use with it?  Any sights that work well on this, as ranged shots can get a little wonky?  

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm not a huge user of it but I like the quickdraw and fast mags attachments. ADS is kinda slow as is reloading, fire rate is slow and I think a foregrip is needed for longer kills. But other than that it's good. I'm different though so if you can get great distance kills with no problems I tip my hat to you.

^ That might be why I've taken a liking to it.  I like all of the LMGs, and the SCAR kinda has an LMG feel to it - heavier damage, even at range, but it sacrifices ADS time.  At the same time though you don't take as heavy of a movement penalty as the LMGs, but you also trade off for smaller magazines.  

I heard its good with the select fire, making it a 3 round burst weapon, thus OHKs. RoF is slow, but if you wanna sit back and headglitch, its nasty.

I love to use the SCAR-H; it's my favorite AR. However, unlike Mitchell, I don't recommend select fire. It still fires slow with it & you're not likely to get all 3 shots to hit. I'd recommend fast mags, forward grip, & a suppressor or FMJ (depending on whether you want stealth or wall-banging penetration). I don't recommend any kind of sight or scope, since the iron-sights are easily the best in the game (IMO).

-

Also, in regards to your class setup OP, I like your perk choices. ;D

I think they knew it had great sights...  so knowing nobody would use a sight, they made it to where a foregrip was practically manditory , ensuring that it kept some kind of balance with other weapons. Even with a red dot I find myself missing alot. It was my favorite AR, now its the worst.

Ahghhh the scar is not as good as games past.

Its got weird recoil but yeah it's good up close and mid range. MW2 SCAR-H was definitely better.

Looking forward to this one now.Only this and the AN94 left to gold now.

not bragging or anything but  i have a 2.0 kdr with the scar by the way i have only 2 kills with it had to pick one off the ground when i ran out of ammo lol

I have been using this gun a lot lately , this thread had me come back to it.. With the grip it acts like a normal gun. Its nice because you can easily kill 2 people without letting off the trigger. Probably three.

the recoil makes it a mess for long range though.

I've found the recoil is also manageable with just a silencer. Just be ready to tap down to counter the recoil. I'm running the silencer and grenade launcher. Fun. Also the foregrip and quickdraw worked well for me.