SCAR H or FAL?

What do you guys think is better at shooting through walls, the SCAR H or the FAL. Maybe something else? It seems to me that the SCAR can kill people through walls faster but I have not used the FAL much to compare this (with MMS on). The FAL or SCAR with MMS in League play is very useful for clearing out campers in Hardpoint. What are your thoughts on which gun is better at shooting through walls?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Scar is a nice camping weapon,nice range.

Whichever does more damage is the better choice for wall-banging.

^ The SCAR is a 3 shot kill up to 42 meters, which is about on par with the HAMR and LSAT.   The only non-snipers with better 3 shot kill range are the SMR, FAL and MK-48.

-

The SCAR has a faster firing rate than the FAL, but the FAL also has the potential for a 2 shot kill at pretty substantial range (around 20 meters I think).  It's all just opinion I guess.  I prefer the SCAR over the FAL.  And like I said earlier in the post, if you're looking for a weapon to wall bang with drop the ARs and go with the MK-48.  

No damage nerfs to any ARs, but there has been damage buffs (a "real" buff).

The MK-48 with fmj is a probably the most powerful but i think the HAMR ,fmj is the best cos of the reload and mobility and so i'm led to belive is just a modified SCAR.

Overall the FAL is a better weapon...for me at least. The scar has such a bad ADS delay that i only used it to get it gold.

^^Yeah Ive used it a few times, but the red dot seems better to me. I think the first patch may have been a so called nerf to the M8, but I think the second patch "fixed" it back. Id have to reread the updates.

As far as the SCAR is going, I tried it out when I first started playing MP and didn't like it without a Grip. Now I find that it's not bad at all. I took off the Grip and put on Quickdraw, Stock, and Mags. It's pretty good after that

-

Mitchell, for the FAL with TF on, I'd use it to help get my Longshot medals when trying to get the Carbon Fiber camo for it. That's about it

since you need 4 -5 shots to kill someone the obvious choice would be the one that gets the shots off quicker without any atachments

[quote user="Khronokai"]

I TRY to burst fire it, but it constantly looses out to other guns that are just spraying.  Heck I'd take the peacekeeper over it for long range.

[/quote]

Odd.  Pretty much the only weapons I ever lose to at long range when using it are Snipers and the LMGs.  The SCAR is easily my favorite AR and one of my overall favorite guns in the game.