Scammers ON XBOX LIVE!

hey i noticed lately while playing games such as fifa 13 or any multiplayer games...

they send out mass messages saying heyy i will trade you msps or 3 month code for some DLC or to get you to a high rank in a online game.. or other stuff like hey give me your account details so i then can do some achievements or a hack on your account but instead they will take the account and change details and if a bank card on their they will use it..

now ive been in a party with some of these scammers in the past and most of them are aged 16 and over and they are mainly targeting kids who are age 13 and under..

i personally think this is wrong praying on the young and most gullable of people on xbox live..

i just want to spread the message about be careful while you get these messages because most of the time around 95% its a scam...

so keep an eye on your kids aswell if you get any weird dodgy messages like that

so what i want to know is what are xbox doing to stop scammers?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

You do know that trading points and codes for DLC and or other in game content is against the ToU and CoC?

i was on about people do that online...... i dont do that i was trying to raise awareness that is all...

The only awareness that needs to be made here is that if anyone encounters such an individual they should immediately file a complaint against them via the console. That way the XBL PET can take the necessary actions against them.

[quote user="TorX Zone"]

now ive been in a party with some of these scammers in the past and most of them are aged 16 and over and they are mainly targeting kids who are age 13 and under..

i personally think this is wrong praying on the young and most gullable of people on xbox live..

[/quote]

Although i understand your concern, there i however a provision in the ToS that states that players under the age of 13 should be supervised by an adult while playing.

Really, is what they are praying on is the young and gullible that do not have any supervision, like they should. Xbox does ban scammers on a daily basis, along with console ban for them as well. But, just like the Nigerian Prince emails and such, stopping scammers start at education and supervision.