says "cant download" ugh!

when i tried to download my free game as gold member,everythings fine in process til right after download screen is up and a minute late i get "cant download" and actualy,it did this a month or so ago too wich i still havnt been able to download it either. i just re-up'ed to a gold membership so i could get metro the free game.please say this is bein fixed as im kinda freakin out about it. help? please? can i fix it?                 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Sorry to hear you're having issues with downloading.  Which region (country) is your gamertag set for and do you live in the same country?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

set region is us and i live in us. at first it wasnt getting past 0% before prompting cant dwnload.i emptied caches and then reboot and it downloaded to 8% ,wich took an hour or so,before it prompted cant download...ive got 3 things i aquired,defiance,metro 2033 and witcher 2 when it was offered a couple months ago. but cant download. very frustrating..cuz i cant do game updates.but cant get it to complete.i do have not good service cuz i live in national forest but i get windstream satelite internet.its enuoph to power Direct tv on demand service..tho i had this service last year and could download demos.so i dont get it!!!!!  how can i find my gamertag region.

Sorry this didn't help.

i started the download again and its now up to 16% but super slow..but usualy happens tho is it will get up high but not finish and prompt! thats what it did with defiance and witcher a month or so ago.bein disabled i got alot of time now to game and cant get anything downloaded like games,arcade and movies.im desperate for help as i looked at suggestions in the past and did it.maybe thats why it goes past 0%.

Sorry this didn't help.

That's unfortunate.  A while back I was having issues downloading items as well.  It is suggested to head over to Storage and delete anything that is incomplete and has a yellow exclamation mark beside it (!).  You can get to your storage from the dashboard by going to Settings>System>Storage and then selecting the storage device you have.

You can also double check how much space you have left as well as the issue may be on available space.  If you find that you do not have enough space you can now add an external hard drive to your console up to 2TB in size for extra storage space for your games and content.

I have also found in the past that I could just restart the incomplete download from my download history (Settings>Accounts>Download History) and it would continue on from the point that it stopped.  A bit annoying but it worked during the difficult times.

Sorry this didn't help.

ive done all that,from emptying cache,deleteing the unifinished game titles that didnt comlete in settings and games..but its back to redownloading and starting at 0%,cant tell how high it ever goes..just know usualy it says "cant download" before 20% progress...thizs is ruining my entire enjoyment and interest in the hundrds of games i already own to the newer ones id like to own but bein multi-disabled,i can only convieinatly buy them thru xboxlive and maybe ebay.this suck and it cant only be me. theres got to be a reason this is happenening the past several months..and noones fixing it??????

Sorry this didn't help.

When you say you live in. The us do you mean an territory or a us base?

If a us base then no your ip is your host country. Not the us which would be your issue

Sorry this didn't help.