Sawed off shotgun

Everyone who is content with using this gun is happy with 0.8-1.2 k/d.  You all know the game is not fun in the least bit using the DBS.  Make the game 20v20 and have the DBS equipt with 4 shots per a clip, then the game MIGHT be fun while using this weapon.  To see countless people shoot, miss then run until they run out of all 4 shots then pull out thier rifle is just ridiculous.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Depending on the level, I used the gnasher or sawed-off accordingly.  Levels like Checkout or Hotel for the sawed-off and gnasher for Trashball. for those close encounters because people are always camping up top. Sawed-off for Checkout cause no one's really working as a team ever on that level it seems and you can simply pick people off one by one. When you're on a level that you need to use a gnasher, it's simply because there's more people in your encounters and you're going to have to accommodate since killing only one of the is going to get you killed fast.

So, I don't know how others think of using this weapon, but I don't really make my decisions based on which weapon would be more fun to use. There are some levels (I forget what it's called) where a shotgun isn't required because of the retro lancer. You know, it just depends on the situation. For me, I just adapt to whatever is going on. If what I'm doing is working, then I don't change my layout and if it isn't, I'll alter it to see what will work out.

Anyway, the people who are running away don't want to stick around when they haven't gotten an extra shot. If  you could shoot twice instead of once then they'd stick around longer but there's really no point in defending yourself without any ready ammo in your gun. But when they run away anyway this makes them an easy target and if they're my opponent, I'm not complaining. Now I can see where this gets annoying, though. My best friend uses the sawed-off for Trashball and I get pissed at him because he's either getting one kill per death or no kills per death if he misses when he charges up to the top and there is more than one person next to each other up there to take him down. And then he'll complain.

So really, sometimes it has its advantages and sometimes it doesn't.

I very rarely use the SOS, but I don't care when others do. It's very easy to beat/counter, and it's basically free kills for me. Throw a smoke in around a corner and go gib them while they're cringed, or get close enough to tempt them to shoot and roll back at the last second and then pop 'em while they're reloading.

It's a simple weapon to counter and it's easy kills for you if others are using it. 

It has one shot and takes about 12 hours to reload.  If he some how misses you or doesn't kill you outright he's dead anyway because you can just let rip..

It's like people complaining about the Chainsaw  in the early days of GOW2.  Like you didn't have to be 2 feet away to use it...

I completely agree with AHal.  Not because I can counter the SOS because I can't, my skills are way below average.  I don't get to game nearly as much as I would like and my online skills suffer because of it.  You see I am this "Noob" most speak of.  The SOS was my go to gun when I just need that kill and for about a week it worked.  But Gamers evolve rendering my SOS useless.

I joined a match over the weekend and upon entering the match I whipped out the good ol SOS.  I camped myself at a nice corner and when the opportunity came I popped my enemy into peices. (Shame on him).  I advanced down the line and reloaded with the full intention of blasting the next victim into oblivion (Shame on me).  I was smoked and with in seconds he charged through and sawed me into fish chum.  I respawned and went at it again (Shame shame on me).  My next try went just as bad when like AHal explained, he rolled back after an attemp to blast him.  I surely put him in deep red, fully knowing I couldn't reload fast enough I whipped out the lancer but it was to late.  I was torn apart by his Gnasher.  He knew my game and wasn't going to play it.  Clearly his teammates new as well and my game plan, or should I say my SOS was useless.  

Can't people roll away from smokes like they do with frag?  I do it all the time and people waltz forward expecting you to still be there.

Sometimes yeah, but you have to be quick otherwise you get stunned and then your a sitting duck.  For me though, I just plain out suck.

Does no one realize the DBS literally shoots 180 degrees infront of you and has more gibbing range than the gnasher? Am I the only one that thinks that's ridiculous? The reload and one-shot clip isn't anywhere near enough to compensate for that. When there's even a BIT of delay, the gnasher requires even MORE pinpoint accuracy whereas the sawed-off will be consistent under any circumstance. The DBS is the reason alot of people don't even want to play this game online anymore. Saying "omfg u can jus hardaim or roll awei from dem omqq" haven't played the game or use the sawed-off themselves. This game is based on a cover system, that means wallbouncing is relevant, which renders stopping power on the rifles irrelevant. And there's so many blind tight corners on all of the maps, the sawed-off is just too good, too cheap, and saying it takes no skill to use isn't an understatement. It's flat out broken.

What does k/d have to do with anything?

[quote user="SungShooter83"]

Everyone who is content with using this gun is happy with 0.8-1.2 k/d.

[/quote]

You do know K/D means absolutely nothing in this game right?

[quote user="Unreal Warfare"]

[quote user="SungShooter83"]

Everyone who is content with using this gun is happy with 0.8-1.2 k/d.

[/quote]

You do know K/D means absolutely nothing in this game right?

[/quote]

It's the COD mentality mate.  Even in ovbious team based games like Gears, Halo, and BC2 they all think that having a 2.1 K/DR somehow makes them 1337.  Yeah because having a 2.1 K/DR but having a 0.5 W/L or is so good isn't it?