Sawed-Off Shotgun Will Ruin Gears 3 Online QUICK

The Sawed-Off Shotgun will ruin this game for me online.  I've been there since day one of Gears 1, and this weapon is just a dealbreaker for me.

Every single person I see using the DBS, wall-bounces, and jump rolls to try to get close to you just to try, and one-shot you.  Now, you try to shoot back and down them.  But, if you don't get them down, by the time they get closer to you, and you realize you need to retereat, it's too late.  You can't roll to the right or left because of the huge spread.  And, if you roll back, it still get s you.

It's sad to see so many regular Gears players using this weapon.  And, it's sad to see so many people resort to using this cheap tactic.  You know it's cheap.  You can defend it all day with the, "you shouldn't ;et me get so close then"excuse.  But, you know deep down, it's cheap.  Everytime you get a kill with it, you smile just a little inside because who know how cheap it really was.

When 95% of my battles are defending myself against a DBS user, it gets old.

This game will eventually become infected with DBS users, and it's pretty much al lyou'll see.

I'm just not excited to play this game online.  And, I wasted $149.99 on the Epic Edition so, I feel really burned.

Nobody really goes for the power weapons anymore.  There's no need to because you already spawn with one.

I said the same things after the beta was over.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 3, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

No different than the sniper in GoW 1 to me. Adjust and keep playing is all I suggest. Why did you get this game if you didnt like what the game was in the beta?

we simply need a classic playlist, i highly doubt epic will give us one though. [n][whisper][whisper]

[quote user="Lord Dirt"]

No different than the sniper in GoW 1 to me. Adjust and keep playing is all I suggest. Why did you get this game if you didnt like what the game was in the beta?

[/quote]'Tis true but, you didn't start the game with a sniper.  It was a power weapon that only one person could have at a time.  There wasn't 5 people starting with snipers in Gears 1.

I am adjusting to the new style of gameplay but, probably will never fully enjoy it.

I got the game after playing the beta because I'm a huge fan of the Campaign, and Horde.  MP is fun too but, it's not at the top of my list for Gears.

Most people will always move to the path of least resistance.  In this case, the weapon that is easiest to get kills with.  In WAW it was the MP40.  In Black Ops, it was the AK74u.  And, so on, and so on.

The DBS levels the playing field for noobs who had a hard time getting kills with the gnasher.  It pretty much guarantees those people at least a few kills.  As long as you can get close to somoebody, I'd say you have a 90% chance of getting the kill.

The game is what it is so I dont know if anything will change since Epic didnt change anything after the beta

Yeah, I'm not asking them to change it.  I know it is what it is.  I just think with all the added "polish time" they would have come to the conclusion that this was not a good addition to the game after seeing what it is turning their game into.

3:50 gets me every single time!

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkdNInSJB3M&list=FLFK6pdiolQT8Ai9tjS9rLkg&index=91]

Although I will never be a sawn off user( I have zero kills with it). I really don't mind it being in the game at all. The only times I really get killed by it is when I'm not watching my back. I've adapted to it being in the game and you can tell exactly when someone has it, 9 out of 10 times they never get close enough to use it. Its all learn and adapt. And learn lancer

Makes it really annoying, particularly CTL which is an instant rescue.  Wouldn't say ruin though.

It's obvious it was created for easy kills though.  No aim, 180° spread.

Sorry Elite but I don't agree CTL is becoming my mode of choice and sawn off is the reason why I have such a high k/d in that mode. They come running in and get annihilated.

I was thinking it's an instant death if you're holding the enemy leader.

Holding the leader, SoS comes running up.  And I and now most leaders only push the B button to struggle when a team-mate (or smoke) comes in.  Since you can't move or shoot=Instant death and rescue because as we all know, meatshield provides no protection from SoS.

I wish you could drop the leader.  You might as well if that happens or a frag lands at your feet.